Please observe our rules: No profanity. No flaming. No commercial messages. No personal messages please.

Trap Line Bulletin Board

Trap Line Home   Trap Line Forum   Trap Line Help   Trap Line Photo   Old Hollow Blog   Archives
Active Topics | Active Posts | Unanswered Posts Past 24 hours | Past 48 hours | Past 7 days
Forum   Subject
Trap Line Old Hollow Blog
Jump to new posts Re: 2017 Deer Antler growth. by Hal @ Today at 01:54 PM

My bad. That's a good identifying feature. Thanks.
Trap Line Help!
Jump to new posts Re: Alt Bait and lures by P-Trap @ Today at 01:14 PM

Thanks Dfabs, that does look like a good investment. Ric said earlier that bait can get to be something to "roll in". Is that a bad thing or just a different thing? I've had my dogs roll in cow dung and carrion. So they are attracted to it
Trap Line Old Hollow Blog
Jump to new posts Re: 2017 Deer Antler growth. by Minky Vibe @ Today at 11:31 AM

Hal, I agree and disagree. Black vultures do not strictly eat carrion. However, those are not black vultures. Those are turkey vultures. The primary feathers of a black vulture's wing are white/gray and their secondary's are black. As you can see fr
Trap Line Help!
Jump to new posts Re: Alt Bait and lures by Dfabs @ Today at 05:15 AM

Charles Dobbins Land Sets and Trapping Techniques...in my opinion, this is one of the best books a beginner could read. I also really like Dobbins style of writing. He does a good job of not only explaining the set, but also the animal behaviors that
Trap Line Help!
Jump to new posts Re: Alt Bait and lures by P-Trap @ Yesterday at 09:29 PM

Thanks Hal and Ric, I'm a books kinda guy. I have about 100 sq.ft. of shelves full. But all I know about trapping is utube vids and y'all. I've got the gist from Clint Locklear and Meat Trapper and others. But I bet they started with a book or books
Trap Line Help!
Jump to new posts Re: Alt Bait and lures by P-Trap @ Yesterday at 07:29 PM

Eat more bacon?! I'm all over that! The bullheads were biting yesterday before the winter mix thunderstorm blew my dog and I off the dock. I'm thinking I'll fry them in bacon grease to enhance the lure effect. "Sorry about stinking up the house
Trap Line Help!
Jump to new posts Re: Alt Bait and lures by Ric @ Yesterday at 07:34 AM

The best investment would be some instructional material. Best bang for the buck would be books (more information,less expensive) 1) One a general how to get started book 2) A specific species book for those you are interested in

Sullivan's Line - Trapping Books, Videos, and Other Products for the Trapper.

Design and Production by Sullivan Promotions
Copyright 2000-2017  Sullivan's Scents and Supplies - All rights reserved.