Please observe our rules: No profanity. No flaming. No commercial messages. No personal messages please.

Trap Line Bulletin Board

Trap Line Home   Trap Line Forum   Trap Line Help   Trap Line Photo   Old Hollow Blog   Archives
Active Topics | Active Posts | Unanswered Posts Past 24 hours | Past 48 hours | Past 7 days
Forum   Subject
Trap Line Old Hollow Blog
Jump to new posts Re: 2020 Deer, Trail Cam pictures. by redsnow @ Today at 11:15 AM

Here is a picture from my spring camera. Look at the picture and see what's going on. You've got 4 adult does and one fawn. There are very few fawns on that mountain, and not many deer total. The DNR sets our season dates and bag limits, but lo
Jump to new posts Re: 2020 Deer, Trail Cam pictures. by redsnow @ Today at 08:31 AM

This should bring back memories to bobcat trappers.
Jump to new posts Re: 2020 Deer, Trail Cam pictures. by redsnow @ Today at 06:38 AM

I don't know as much about bear as I'd like to either, they are an interesting animal. Talking about Frank's bear pictures, one other thing that I was looking at is the size difference between the 2 cubs or smaller bear. The same picture where th
Jump to new posts Re: 2020 Deer, Trail Cam pictures. by redsnow @ Yesterday at 09:24 PM

Jump to new posts Re: Making room by redsnow @ 10/27/20 08:44 AM

Oh, Deloris is a super nice lady. I'm sure they tossed out the pan full, Or at least a big glob, but stuff like that happens so fast. Turn your head for a second and the damage is done.
Jump to new posts Re: 2020 Deer, Trail Cam pictures. by FLSH ETR @ 10/27/20 08:32 AM

I ain't no bearsmith, but you're probably correct. The tree that the cubs are messing with is about five yards farther back than the salt block. Frank.
Jump to new posts Re: 2020 Deer, Trail Cam pictures. by redsnow @ 10/27/20 06:45 AM

I've been looking at the bear pictures above, that is a big fat sow. The cubs, compared to that salt block, I think they are too big to be this years cubs. I'm looking at the picture where the cubs are hugging the tree. Not sure?
Jump to new posts Re: Making room by musher @ 10/27/20 06:24 AM

Originally Posted By: FLSH ETRYou know, this last batch of meat we just ground up tastes just a little different, but I just can't put my finger on it. (a little morbid humor here) NAILed it! The entire JOINT is laughing. Whenever someone I k
Jump to new posts Re: 2020 Virus lockdown. by redsnow @ 10/26/20 06:50 PM

I haven't posted a picture of the old house for a while, finally had a chance to go up and do a little more mowing. Moe likes to "hunt" from the upstairs bathroom window. I was told the other day that the field needed to be mowed before b
Jump to new posts Re: Making room by FLSH ETR @ 10/26/20 04:52 PM

You know, this last batch of meat we just ground up tastes just a little different, but I just can't put my finger on it. (a little morbid humor here)
Jump to new posts Re: Making room by redsnow @ 10/25/20 08:37 PM

Here's the girl's hand I was talking about. Happened back in 1978, pretty much one of those ka-la things mentined above. Deloris was on the way home from church when she stopped by today. Said she looked around to check on the kids, and it happene
Jump to new posts Re: Making room by FLSH ETR @ 10/25/20 12:08 PM

Here's a shot of the little step down motor I mentioned. It reduces the 1725 rpms down to 145. That is still twice as fast as I would like it for grinding meat. With the proper sized pulleys I could get that down to 60rpms. That's about what I crank
Jump to new posts Re: Making room by Hal @ 10/25/20 09:17 AM

You need a double reduction set up to slow the hand grinder down to hand speed. The speed at which it is designed to run. You need a very large pulley on the grinder. The reduction pulley will be hard to find.
Jump to new posts Re: Making room by redsnow @ 10/25/20 07:26 AM

I don't need a hand crank grinder, we've got a couple of the things. If I would have bought it, it would have been used to collect dust. It was bolted onto a board, and one of the bigger types that were made. It looked to be in pretty good shape
Jump to new posts Re: Making room by FLSH ETR @ 10/24/20 09:45 PM

First off, if you're gonna buy a hand cranked grinder, get the kind with four legs so you can screw it down. I've got a smaller one that clamps onto a table or shelf edge. Use it for grinding mice, but that's about all the size chunks I'd put into it
Jump to new posts Re: Making room by redsnow @ 10/24/20 05:23 PM

The lady that I mentioned above that lost her finger tip, just talked to her oldest son, he's a little bit older than me. She did lose the whole joint with her fingernail. I'm sure her hands were cold and it probably didn't hurt till the next day.
Jump to new posts Re: Making room by FLSH ETR @ 10/24/20 11:30 AM

Yeah, pretty close with the music and storytelling. Except we don't dance around the sausage table. We just drink beer instead. Frank.
Jump to new posts Re: 2020 Virus lockdown. by redsnow @ 10/24/20 06:34 AM

We have an early 4 day antlerless firearm deer season going on now, tomorrow, Sunday is the last day. Moe and I went out and farted around a little bit. It's just too hot to hunt. Just picking on my buddy Moe, he was all bundled up and burning up.
Jump to new posts Re: Making room by redsnow @ 10/24/20 05:58 AM

https://www.merriam-webster.com/dictionary/ceilidh
Jump to new posts Re: Making room by musher @ 10/24/20 05:37 AM

Originally Posted By: FLSH ETR Had a friend describe our sausage making as 'a happening'. Frank. Ceilidh!! Look it up. Great times!
Jump to new posts Re: 2020 Deer, Trail Cam pictures. by musher @ 10/24/20 05:33 AM

Big sow and huge cubs. There is a little bear I have seen several times on one line. No sow. It has been a poor berry year. The sow is probably bred and chased the cub away to den alone. tough love. It is TINY. Cottagers want it gone before it caus
Jump to new posts Re: Making room by FLSH ETR @ 10/23/20 10:41 PM

I actually started getting parts together for a motorized fix to our grinder. Got a step down electric motor that already turns really slow. Was gonna hook it up to a foot petal for on and off power. Got the pulley for the motor, but still have not g
Jump to new posts Re: Making room by redsnow @ 10/23/20 07:06 PM

Looks like that'd be tough on a drill. My buddy Wardney has one rigged with an electric motor and pulley, it runs way too fast. You almost need a backstop on the dishpan. And I'll tell you that little hopper is pretty darned shallow! Talking ab
Jump to new posts Re: 2020 Deer, Trail Cam pictures. by FLSH ETR @ 10/23/20 03:01 PM

No lions, or tigers, bbbut BBBEARS!--OH MY!!! This big old sow better be sacked in for the winter when our deer season opens. Would not enjoy her protecting her cubs while accidently walking up on her!
Jump to new posts Re: Making room by FLSH ETR @ 10/23/20 09:52 AM

Nah, slow and steady. Need to come out of it with all ten digits! Frank.
Page 1 of 2 1 2 >

Sullivan's Line - Trapping Books, Videos, and Other Products for the Trapper.

Design and Production by Sullivan Promotions
Copyright 2000-2017  Sullivan's Scents and Supplies - All rights reserved.