Please observe our rules: No profanity. No flaming. No commercial messages. No personal messages please.

Trap Line Bulletin Board

Trap Line Home   Trap Line Forum   Trap Line Help   Trap Line Photo   Old Hollow Blog   Archives
Active Topics | Active Posts | Unanswered Posts Past 24 hours | Past 48 hours | Past 7 days
Forum   Subject
Trap Line Old Hollow Blog
Jump to new posts Re: findings by redsnow @ Today at 09:13 PM

Here at work I've been selling black walnut kernels. Friend of mine, he's 80 years old, he and his wife cracked and picked out over 100 pounds of nuts last season. Not sure what they're up to this fall? Nice, big, clean kernels too. Not a bunch o
Jump to new posts Re: findings by Ric @ Today at 07:26 PM

Now you need to decide weather natural or dyed shells are better
Trap Line Help!
Jump to new posts Re: Foreign odors at trapping locations by musher @ Today at 02:49 PM

Your time would be way better spent scouting new locations.
Jump to new posts Re: findings by FLSH ETR @ Today at 09:59 AM

Brian, you have to see which ones are on a sale price. Usually the unshelled ones are cheaper, but sometimes not by very much. I enjoy carrying a snack sized baggie of shelled ones along when I snowshoe to check traps, or in the deer blind. And, Mr.
Jump to new posts Re: findings by musher @ Today at 05:46 AM

What I want to know is which one, shelled or unshelled, is a better deal!
Trap Line Help!
Jump to new posts Re: Foreign odors at trapping locations by ron finewood @ Today at 05:44 AM

In my opinion, you are being overly cautious. Ron
Jump to new posts Re: findings by ron finewood @ Today at 05:42 AM

Frank, I hope you get trapping soon, so you have more to do than weigh empty peanut shells. Maybe you could count stars---or count how many leaves are falling on your lawn today. Ron
Trap Line Help!
Jump to new posts Re: Foreign odors at trapping locations by Dfabs @ Today at 01:29 AM

They are gonna know you were there no matter what.
Trap Line Help!
Jump to new posts Foreign odors at trapping locations by gman @ Yesterday at 07:36 PM

I remember reading somewhere that after you make a set for predators , your scent lingers in the area long after you've left. I try to be scent free as much as possible when I make my sets. I wear rubber boots , gloves and scent free clothing. I was
Jump to new posts findings by FLSH ETR @ Yesterday at 04:10 PM

I know this has nothing to do with trapping but I thought I'd share this with you anyway. I'm a pistachio nut freak. I can purchase either the ones in the shells, or the ones without shells. I figured I'd purchase the cheaper ones that are still in t
Trap Line Help!
Jump to new posts Re: Soft catch trap preparation by JT2018 @ Yesterday at 07:38 AM

Hi Hal and Musher, Thank you for the responses! Best, JT
Trap Line Help!
Jump to new posts Re: Soft catch trap preparation by Hal @ 10/13/18 05:17 PM

I am no longer mandated to use Padded Jaw traps, so I don't. When I did, I dismantled the traps (pads), boiled the traps and pads clean, waxed the metal, and reassembled the traps. I do not use "dip" on land traps. (You need to modify your
Trap Line Help!
Jump to new posts Re: Soft catch trap preparation by musher @ 10/13/18 03:50 PM

I hose mine off with a power washer, let them dry, and dip them in speed dip. I have been doing it for years. All is still good. I do the same with standard traps, too.
Trap Line Help!
Jump to new posts Soft catch trap preparation by JT2018 @ 10/13/18 02:02 PM

Greetings, I am new here. On this thread: http://sullivansline.com/forums/ubbthreads.php?ubb=showflat&Number=15898 The moderator Hal said of soft catch traps: "...they are more expensive to purchase, harder to prepare, and more expensive
Jump to new posts Re: High Water 2018. by Dfabs @ 10/11/18 08:33 AM

I know how you feel, Tim. Iíve had shingles sitting on a customers roof for a month now myself. Just finally had 2 1/2 days with no rain this week. Spent the last three days daylight to dark tearing this roof off, and trying to beat the rain to get i
Trap Line Help!
Jump to new posts Re: Hagz brackets by Dfabs @ 10/10/18 07:04 PM

Iíve never caught a beaver in one of mine, but thatís not saying it canít happen. I have trapped rats with them places where there are beaver too.
Trap Line Help!
Jump to new posts Hagz brackets by Utk1 @ 10/10/18 04:50 PM

Has anyone used these in a beaver marsh where rats also resided? I was wondering if a beaver might go for a parsnip with rat lure. I was thinking of slapping a few of these in when beaver trapping. Looks like a neat way to trap rats on the YouTube ad
Trap Line Help!
Jump to new posts Re: Deciding how many traps. by ron finewood @ 10/10/18 04:07 PM

Put a trail camera on the red trail. You may be surprised what you see. Ron
Trap Line Help!
Jump to new posts Re: Deciding how many traps. by Hal @ 10/10/18 11:48 AM

Put those traps on sliders so you don't destroy the trail.
Trap Line Help!
Jump to new posts Re: Deciding how many traps. by Muddober @ 10/10/18 06:51 AM

If you thank you got that many it wouldn't be to much in my area id set 1 at each intersection right were the water meets trail on a slider,then add a couple up and down the bank at water edge blind. maybe a pocket or 2 across the creek if I had th
Trap Line Help!
Jump to new posts Deciding how many traps. by 357cyrus @ 10/09/18 08:45 PM

Whats the most sets you've made in one location and not felt you were wasting your time? I was doing some scouting today and found where two smaller creeks (20 feet accross )came together and then in about 40 yards they dump into a river about 60 fe
Jump to new posts Re: High Water 2018. by redsnow @ 10/09/18 01:35 PM

I'll give you an update on our water. There's been a lot of discussion around here about our rainfall. You can talk to any farmer around, none of them can remember ever having a summer where their pastures and fields didn't get dry, burnt up, all b

Sullivan's Line - Trapping Books, Videos, and Other Products for the Trapper.

Design and Production by Sullivan Promotions
Copyright 2000-2017  Sullivan's Scents and Supplies - All rights reserved.