Please observe our rules: No profanity. No flaming. No commercial messages. No personal messages please.

Trap Line Bulletin Board

Trap Line Home   Trap Line Forum   Trap Line Help   Trap Line Photo   Old Hollow Blog   Archives
Active Topics | Active Posts | Unanswered Posts Past 24 hours | Past 48 hours | Past 7 days
Forum   Subject
Trap Line Old Hollow Blog
Jump to new posts Re: Snaring Fish. by redsnow @ 01/17/18 06:42 AM

Here are the boat lights, I think one is a 50 watt, and the new one is 75 watt. 12 volt. Here are 2 gigging lights that my buddy Felix made years ago. That's a light bulb inside of a quart jar, with lead weights. You'd hang the light over the
Jump to new posts Re: Snaring Fish. by redsnow @ 01/16/18 02:00 PM

Here are a couple of my fish gigs.
Jump to new posts Re: Snaring Fish. by redsnow @ 01/16/18 06:36 AM

Around here folks would go out in the spring and gig suckers, when they were going up the creeks to spawn. Never did hear of anyone trying to snare them. We're not all on the same page, as far as gigging fish. Above where I said that gigging is mo
Trap Line Forum
Jump to new posts Re: Brrrrrrrr..... by FLSH ETR @ 01/15/18 10:35 AM

Sounds like you might be around latitude 50 ish. Still, three dog nights! Frank.
Trap Line Forum
Jump to new posts Re: Brrrrrrrr..... by musher @ 01/15/18 06:16 AM

I am not too far north. I could be in Maine in 6 hours or so. i used to live at 55 in latitude. Much colder there. -33 this morning.
Trap Line Forum
Jump to new posts Putting Up A Portly Raccoon by 357cyrus @ 01/14/18 06:03 PM

I skinned out a raccoon yesterday that had a really wide body compared to the others I've put up. Laying flat, the pelt is eleven inches wide at the base. Right at the start of the 3x mark. What would be the best way to put him up and sell? It wo
Jump to new posts Re: Snaring Fish. by just @ 01/14/18 11:17 AM

When I was a kid Dad told me they used to fish the creek across from their house. He said they would snare the fish. I thought he was kidding me. This is the first I have heard of snaring fish since then. That's been around 60 years ago. just
Trap Line Forum
Jump to new posts Re: Brrrrrrrr..... by FLSH ETR @ 01/14/18 10:06 AM

Geez! Minus 34*C is close to our minus 30*F. That's when everything shuts down. Schools, shopping centers, cars. How far north are you in QC? The middle of Wisconsin is at the 45* 00" latitude. I see where the top of Maine is around 49* 00"
Jump to new posts Re: Snaring Fish. by redsnow @ 01/14/18 07:34 AM

Here's another ice picture. The sun was off hard to my left in this picture, if you follow along with the shadows on the bottom of the river, those are shadows of the ice cracks. That ice is a good 7 inches or better, the water was around 5 feet de
Trap Line Forum
Jump to new posts Re: Brrrrrrrr..... by musher @ 01/14/18 06:11 AM

We had plus nine on Friday and it's minus 34 C. today. Rain on Friday buggered the snow. We got about 6 inches of fresh stuff yesterday. If it warms up a little, I want to harness the dogs but I'm afraid a snow/ice bridge I made will no longer exis
Trap Line Forum
Jump to new posts Re: Brrrrrrrr..... by ron finewood @ 01/13/18 01:26 PM

Yesterday it was almost 60 F here. The fields were green again, people were happy and life was good. Today, it is 13 F with about 14" of snow, everything is white, people are miserable and life is still good- as long as you find something to p

Sullivan's Line - Trapping Books, Videos, and Other Products for the Trapper.

Design and Production by Sullivan Promotions
Copyright 2000-2017  Sullivan's Scents and Supplies - All rights reserved.