Please observe our rules: No profanity. No flaming. No commercial messages. No personal messages please.

Trap Old Hollow Blog

Trap Line Home   Trap Line Forum   Trap Line Help   Trap Line Photo   Old Hollow Blog   Archives
Topic Options
#26880 - 11/11/19 07:28 PM Observation -- Literally
Hal Online   content

Loc: Blue Creek, Ohio, USA
I've been hunting squirrels quite a bit for the last month, and I noticed I was finding a lot of them setting on limbs, quite still. Shot a bunch of them like that and marveled that I was encountering so many of them that way. Finally it dawned on me. Some of you may know I had cataract surgery last spring. The reason I was finding so many squirrels sitting on limbs is because I could see them! Up the this point they had been just a blur among the leaves.

#26881 - 11/12/19 12:12 PM Re: Observation -- Literally [Re: Hal]
musher Online   content

Loc: Qc.
Reminds me of when one of my daughters got glasses. She was excited to see "leaves" on trees instead of "green" on trees.

#26882 - 11/12/19 07:57 PM Re: Observation -- Literally [Re: musher]
FLSH ETR Online   content

Loc: Cudahy, Wisconsin,USA
Blurry Squirrels? Sounds like a great name for a rock band. Got more of the white stuff yesterday. Bitter cold but sunny. But, ain't no squirrels moving today!

Frank.

Edited by FLSH ETR (11/12/19 07:59 PM)

#26883 - 11/14/19 03:25 PM Re: Observation -- Literally [Re: FLSH ETR]

Squirrels are back out here. Nasty weather. Yea, nice to see your surgery was successful and helpful. My daughter's eyesight was bad in her youth. When I walked her out of the ophthalmologist's office with her first pair of glasses, it was like she finally had her eyes opened! Wow, she was seeing things that we took for granted. She wore them coke bottle glasses, and contacts until she finally got that laser thing done. She said it was the best thing she'd ever done. Getting older now, that laser thingy is wearing off and she's back to glasses again, mostly just for driving. But they're not the coke bottle kind. Well happy shooting Hal. Head shots only, of course.

Frank. grin

#27620 - 05/21/20 12:50 AM Re: Observation -- Literally [Re: FLSH ETR]

Well I recently joined Hal's blurry squirrel clan. Just got fitted with glasses. Wow. I guess seeing for me was about like getting used to a dull saw blade. When you put a sharp one in, holey moley, just about cut the saw horses in half. Things I see now have sharp crisp edges about them. Pretty cool.

Frank.

#27621 - 05/21/20 03:10 PM Re: Observation -- Literally [Re: Hal]
Hal Online   content

Loc: Blue Creek, Ohio, USA
The dull saw blade analogy is excellent. When your vision deteriorates slowly, you don't notice it. Then, when it's fixed, BOY HOWDY!!

Moderator:  Hal, musher, redsnow, Ric 

Sullivan's Line - Trapping Books, Videos, and Other Products for the Trapper.

Design and Production by Sullivan Promotions
Copyright 2000-2017  Sullivan's Scents and Supplies - All rights reserved.