When is it time

Posted by: Newb-104

When is it time - 10/07/14 04:21 PM

Is there anybody local that can give me an ideal when to set my traps in New Mexico.
Posted by: NYCOYOTEHOUNDS

Re: When is it time - 10/08/14 05:55 AM

When the season opens.
Posted by: Hal

Re: When is it time - 10/08/14 09:31 AM

Not necessarily. Fur prices are going to be depressed this season. Unprime and damaged goods will take the biggest hit. Some early caught goods won't be worth much. -- Hal
Posted by: NYCOYOTEHOUNDS

Re: When is it time - 10/08/14 01:03 PM

Where I live, by the first week of Nov. we can easily get two feet of snow or better. Has happened too often. Puts a damper on a land trapping season here in the snow belt. So the majority of us up here need to start when it opens or not have much of a season..

I did not notice the location you mentioned until now. The southerners and westerners can afford to wait..I could only be that lucky.

Re: When is it time - 10/08/14 01:11 PM

I received my permit last month, this morning is dark hoping for snow. But really don't know when to start

Re: Putting it to the test - 11/17/14 11:21 AM

Morning everyone. Lade my traps out between hunts, they've been down a week now. I have had stolen bait on a few,trying a test. Made my path with roof to funnel in, see if that works.
Posted by: tjm

Re: Putting it to the test - 11/18/14 04:57 AM

At my elevation and latitude, Dec. is coyote's best. Nov., not fully wooled and mid Jan. start to go bad.
I start bobcat @ 1st of Jan.
There is too much work involved for me to ever want less than the best furred criters I can get, be the price of fur up or down.

Re: Putting it to the test - 11/18/14 05:02 PM

It's plenty cold here in New Mexico, sure would be nice to have a horse not enjoying the gas, but allot to learn.