WOLF FANG STAKES IN MUD AND SAND FOR COONS

Posted by: michaelp7318

WOLF FANG STAKES IN MUD AND SAND FOR COONS - 04/10/14 12:32 AM

anybody using the wolf fang earth anchors under these conditions. Some the muddy spots where i trap is very thin, and pretty deep. Any helpwould be welcome
Posted by: Ric

Re: WOLF FANG STAKES IN MUD AND SAND FOR COONS - 04/10/14 12:18 PM

All "earth anchors" regardless of name perform the way they do because of the same engineering principle. It is called the cone of compression. Without going into the details. The important factors are the surface area of the anchor and depth of penetration.
You can use your current anchors just drive them in deeper if conditions warrant.

Re: WOLF FANG STAKES IN MUD AND SAND FOR COONS - 04/10/14 01:11 PM

Thanks ric, I was sort of leaning that way but was not sure.

Re: WOLF FANG STAKES IN MUD AND SAND FOR COONS - 05/16/14 09:32 PM

Ric I went out today with some of the wolffang anchors on various lengths of cable. The best option for the mud is 2 stakes 30" long about a foot apart. For the wet sand in the creeks up in the hills 18" was plenty, I really had to put a lot of effort to get them out. Thanks for putting me on the right track. Oh yeah 10' away from the creek bed it is like driving them concrete.
Posted by: Ric

Re: WOLF FANG STAKES IN MUD AND SAND FOR COONS - 05/17/14 01:40 PM

Your Welcome
Posted by: FURTAKER

Re: WOLF FANG STAKES IN MUD AND SAND FOR COONS - 02/05/15 01:16 AM

In my opinion they are the best earth anchors available. I use them all the time and am in the process of switching all my land traps over to them as well. I use them on my water line for drowners. I get by with one most time but some time have to use two just like yu would cross stake with rebar. They have a large surface area and work great in muddy and sandy conditions yu would encounter on a water line. I love em and can't say enough about them.