Please observe our rules: No profanity. No flaming. No commercial messages. No personal messages please.

Trap Line Archives

Traps and Equipment Archives

Trap Line Home   Trap Line Forum   Trap Line Help   Trap Line Photo   Old Hollow Blog   Archives
Page 4 of 4 < 1 2 3 4
Topic Options
#11469 - 09/07/06 07:05 PM Re: # 3 Long-Spring Modifications. ???
Otterwater0566 Offline

Loc: Austin, AR
Not trying to offend, trap mod's are always interesting. My point was to back up the pic's showing the simple way to notch the pan. To me, money would be better spent on new coil spring traps rather than extensively modifying old traps....I have many ls and dls traps that are still very strong and I notched and nite latched them. The depth and angle of the notch can increase pan tension...JMO.

#11470 - 09/07/06 07:44 PM Re: # 3 Long-Spring Modifications. ???
skipjacks Offline

Loc: Pennsylvania
I didn't know that you could modify traps, and it has been pretty interesting to me. I have some old long springs that need modified.

I have a lot to learn.

Thanks for all the info!

Skip

#11471 - 09/08/06 02:30 AM Re: # 3 Long-Spring Modifications. ???
redsnow Online   content

Loc: WV
Dead Horse???? :rolleyes: In order to view/understand this post, you'll need to go back to the top and read the entire thread! This is partly my thread, and we've accomplished everything I was interested in and more.

If you read all of it, I was advised to install the PIT pans, later the PIT center-swivel, and the "long-yoke swivels". The PIT pans are $40 a dozen, the center-swivels are another $12 per dozen, and the long-yoke swivels are probably another $10 per dozen. (couldn't find a price on Hal's site) That's $62.00 a dozen, heck, I didn't pay that much for the traps new. Sure, I could come off of $250, and have my #3's "up-to-date". Just talked to a guy that I used to work with, he's the foreman, over the maintenence crew, at a company I used to work for. I sent him a "blue-print" of the straps I need, so Friday evening while they are sitting around with their thumbs up their butts, my straps will be finished. (no charge) You've got to look at the fine-print, and use a little "Country Boy Logic". J-hooks are about 10 cents each. What would you rather spend: $250.00, or $4.20? The main thing is, I've got 42 strong #3's ready for season. wink

I thought it was interesting, also. smile

#11472 - 09/09/06 10:31 AM Re: # 3 Long-Spring Modifications. ???
skipjacks Offline

Loc: Pennsylvania
my no 1 ls they are not fast as they were. would these tech work too make faster sounds this is for unwanted. like grinners my traps are about 20 years old from when iwas a kid what can i do.or bye new ones. don't have lots of money

#25461 - 10/25/17 06:34 PM Re: # 3 Long-Spring Modifications. ??? [Re: redsnow]
Archive Offline

Dated for search.

Page 4 of 4 < 1 2 3 4

Moderator:  Archive 

Sullivan's Line - Trapping Books, Videos, and Other Products for the Trapper.

Design and Production by Sullivan Promotions
Copyright 2000-2017  Sullivan's Scents and Supplies - All rights reserved.