Please observe our rules: No profanity. No flaming. No commercial messages. No personal messages please.

Trap Line Archives
Fur Handling Archives
Trap Line Home   Trap Line Forum   Trap Line Help   Trap Line Photo   Old Hollow Blog   Archives
Page 2 of 2 < 1 2
Topic Options
#12210 - 01/06/06 08:25 PM Re: fur shed
K. Sullivan Offline

Loc: Northern Ohio
Frank,you are absolutely right. Pictures can help immensely. The point I was trying to make was that the project should not be rushed into, it should be thought out over an extended period of time. I was saying that I would not build a shed, dependent upon others pictures but, pictures can certainly give you ideas that you can incorporate into your project.

#12211 - 01/06/06 08:32 PM Re: fur shed
coongreaser1 Offline

Loc: ohio
i wasn't going to make mine by pics it can't really be done very effiecently,i just wanted to see what people included in their shed get some ideads and build one. I cant wait 3 months but i can wait 3 weeks i don't need much time to scale it just some time to fiqure out what i need and put it in there.

#12212 - 01/06/06 09:19 PM Re: fur shed
Mike McChurin Offline

Loc: NE Oklahoma
All good points. My shed came with the house, so I pretty much have to work with what I have. It has a nice concrete floor. But, the walls need insulated and paneled and it could definitely use more light and a heat source. I too am considering a sink and stuff. But, I think the wife may want the house remodeled before she'll let me fix my fur shed.

Sheesh, talk about differing priorities laugh .

I'll see if I can't get some pics posted.

#12213 - 01/09/06 03:30 PM Re: fur shed
coonskinner89 Offline

Loc: columbia county NY

#12214 - 01/10/06 06:42 AM Re: fur shed
wmthrower Offline

Loc: Mexico, NY
Mike has made a few good points. My fur shed only has about a 7 foot ceiling height. Makes it a pain on long critters.
Plenty of light is a must. You will appreciate it after a couple hours if you don't have to squint the entire time. You may not need a ceiling fan but you could just plug in one of those ocillating fans on a pedestal if all your fur is to be on one side of the shed.
One thing I am finding out is that when I hang my beaver boards up to keep them away from the mice, they take up a lot of room. So if you do beaver, make sure you have enough room.
Also, are you going to store your traps and equipment in the same shed? Make room for that stuff too. Plenty of joists are nice to hang furs, stretchers, trap, etc..

#24123 - 09/21/16 10:49 AM Re: fur shed [Re: coongreaser1]
Archive Offline

Dated for search.

Page 2 of 2 < 1 2

Moderator:  Archive 

Sullivan's Line - Trapping Books, Videos, and Other Products for the Trapper.
Design and Production by Sullivan Promotions
Copyright 2000-2017  Sullivan's Scents and Supplies - All rights reserved.