Please observe our rules: No profanity. No flaming. No commercial messages. No personal messages please.

Trap Line Archives

Fur Handling Archives

Trap Line Home   Trap Line Forum   Trap Line Help   Trap Line Photo   Old Hollow Blog   Archives
Page 2 of 2 < 1 2
Topic Options
#12897 - 10/30/07 04:05 PM Re: old washing machine for cleaning freshly skinned animals
NEbowhunter Offline

Loc: Holdrege, Nebraska
i guess additionally, there are 2 furs that i don't wash and that is fox and bobcats for reasons mentioned above. if i have blood spots, i try and just clean the spot and only use water. i have had trouble with cats slipping as well while waiting for a skinned hide to dry.

i guess i'm not certain on coyotes though. i've always used soap and a fabric softener and you take an old coarse dog and turn it nice and fluffy. cant say that i know if i've been doc'd or not.

i guess this thing is getting kind of off target here from washing machine.

#12898 - 10/30/07 09:31 PM Re: old washing machine for cleaning freshly skinned animals
Hal Online   content

Loc: Blue Creek, Ohio, USA
There definitely is some fur that you want to avoid washing if possible. I try to avoid washing red fox because it mats the fur. However, there is a limit. If you have a filthy, muddy critter, you are not likely to devalue the pelt by washing it, no matter what critter it is.

smile -- Hal

#27247 - 01/08/20 03:49 PM Re: old washing machine for cleaning freshly skinned animals [Re: walleye]
Archive Offline

Dated for search.

Page 2 of 2 < 1 2

Moderator:  Archive 

Sullivan's Line - Trapping Books, Videos, and Other Products for the Trapper.

Design and Production by Sullivan Promotions
Copyright 2000-2017  Sullivan's Scents and Supplies - All rights reserved.