Please observe our rules: No profanity. No flaming. No commercial messages. No personal messages please.

Trap Line Help

Trap Line Home   Trap Line Forum   Trap Line Help   Trap Line Photo   Old Hollow Blog   Archives
Page 2 of 2 < 1 2
Topic Options
#1681 - 08/17/14 08:26 AM Re: Freezing or perserving fresh caught fish
michaelp7318 Offline

Loc: TN
That's a good idea castiron. I would think skipjack herring would work too. I have about 10# of cutup skipjack i use for catfish. I need to get my cast net out and see if can still throw it( had rotater cuff surgery last year). Something i used to do with shad, was to lay out plastic wrap then lay each shad just far enough apart for the wrap to seperate each shad and roll them up in the wrap. That keeps them from sticking together. Thanks for reminding of this

#1682 - 08/29/14 07:46 AM Re: Freezing or perserving fresh caught fish
castiron Offline

Loc: North Carolina USA
Skipjack works very well as a trap bait. We do not have them here where I live but I used to save them when I was fishing out of state more. They were to big to fit in a snack size bag so I rolled them in a layer of plastic so you could get them apart for use. Then I placed them in larger zip-lock bags. They can be rolled in layers of wal-mart bags or about any kind of plastic bag to keep them from freezing together.

Page 2 of 2 < 1 2

Moderator:  Hal, musher, redsnow, Ric 

Sullivan's Line - Trapping Books, Videos, and Other Products for the Trapper.

Design and Production by Sullivan Promotions
Copyright 2000-2017  Sullivan's Scents and Supplies - All rights reserved.