Please observe our rules: No profanity. No flaming. No commercial messages. No personal messages please.

Trap Line Archives

General Trapping Archives

Trap Line Home   Trap Line Forum   Trap Line Help   Trap Line Photo   Old Hollow Blog   Archives
Page 2 of 3 < 1 2 3 >
Topic Options
#17162 - 03/19/06 02:55 PM Re: Use of Trail Cameras
trap jaw Offline

Loc: Lancaster Co. Pennsylvania
I think it's a good tool to increase your understanding of animal behavior. The more we understand animal behavior, the better trappers we become.

#17163 - 04/07/06 01:41 PM Re: Use of Trail Cameras
Otterwater0566 Offline

Loc: Austin, AR
There are all kinds of trail cams avaiable-from flash to IR and others. Problem is the flash is easy for humans to see and the IR can be found by any thief with a cheap night vision device. If you're in an area with low risk of theft, these cams are great for watching critters work sets. Some cams have short video modes and can provide tips on why an animal may refuse to commit.

#17164 - 04/12/06 09:57 AM Re: Use of Trail Cameras
hornhunter Offline

Loc: Byron,Maine
Ever wonder if a fisher will avoid your traps?
Origially i was going to make a set with a smaller pole and steeper angle. This tree presented itself so i used it. Put the bait away from the trap just to see what the fisher does going through.

The set was make after the season so both frames are nailed to the tree.

#17165 - 04/12/06 03:47 PM Re: Use of Trail Cameras
NEbowhunter Offline

Loc: Holdrege, Nebraska
that is a sweet pic

#17166 - 04/12/06 04:27 PM Re: Use of Trail Cameras
coonskinner89 Offline

Loc: columbia county NY
Deer dont seem to be bothered by my trail cam. I have taken pictures of the same deer over and over.

#17167 - 04/12/06 05:21 PM Re: Use of Trail Cameras
Jim Ramsdell Offline

Loc: Fairfield, Maine
Hornhunter:
Fisher season ended on Dec. 31st 05' why do you still have a fisher set out??
I would think that for enforcement purposes any warden would still consider this a fully funtional "fisher set"

#17168 - 04/12/06 09:11 PM Re: Use of Trail Cameras
hornhunter Offline

Quote:
I would think that for enforcement purposes any warden would still consider this a fully funtional "fisher set
Both frames are nailed to the tree. Both frames are wired shut and the trap is a belisle and the safeties are not released. Also I believe if you expand this pic you'll see the cable hanging down on the right side of the tree. Trap was only placed there to see what a fisher would do with it.
I should have mentioned this in the first place.
This pic has been viewed my wardens and x wardens ( Skip Trask! ) in the past couple weeks.

#17169 - 04/12/06 09:18 PM Re: Use of Trail Cameras
hornhunter Offline

Picked up the flash card this afternoon and here's the results.
Placed some bait under the rock where the turkey is walking by. Ole coyote after 3 days doesn’t want nothing to do with it, or the flash spooked him. He never returned.

#17170 - 04/12/06 11:29 PM Re: Use of Trail Cameras
FLSH ETR Online   content

Loc: Cudahy, Wisconsin,USA
We placed three trail cams in our deer hunting area, in hopes of snaggin' a pic of the deer that has left some huge prints throughout the area. Black bears ate two of the cams.(well almost-not much left to piece back together, with film gone) Beat the snot out of the trees that they were attached to also. Guess they just don't like being in the 'spotlight'. laugh Frank. cool

#17171 - 04/13/06 04:15 AM Re: Use of Trail Cameras
Two Thumbs Offline

Loc: UT
These are some great pics, how far off the trail/bait are you placing the camera?

Page 2 of 3 < 1 2 3 >

Moderator:  Archive 

Sullivan's Line - Trapping Books, Videos, and Other Products for the Trapper.

Design and Production by Sullivan Promotions
Copyright 2000-2017  Sullivan's Scents and Supplies - All rights reserved.