Please observe our rules: No profanity. No flaming. No commercial messages. No personal messages please.

Trap Line Photo

Trap Line Home   Trap Line Forum   Trap Line Help   Trap Line Photo   Old Hollow Blog   Archives
Topic Options
#19161 - 01/04/12 12:16 PM A couple of firsts (beaver & otter)
VermillionCoon Offline

Loc: Ohio
I grew up trapping in north central Ohio where we concentrated on fox, coon, muskrat & mink. I read many a magazine article and books about trapping some of the other furbearers of North America, but never had the chance. After college, a few moves around the state including living in the big City for a few years, and torn Achilles last October I was finally able to get back trapping a fair amount this year. This year was also going to be my first opportunity to go after beaver.

I was equipped with eight 330's, a dozen snares, a copy of Hal's Beaver 2000 and Charles Dobbins Baver Book.

Well some of the results are in the following photos. My results so far include 6 very large beaver (the last two tipped the scales between 50 and 55 lbs) and I was actually priviliged to catch an otter on my check Monday morning. I think pulling that otter out of the water may have been the most exciting moment in my trapping career, even beating that first fox when I was 13.

Also, please note the future trapper in the last photo!

#19162 - 01/04/12 12:26 PM Re: A couple of firsts (beaver & otter)
musher Offline

Loc: Qc.
Nice catch and photos.

Good looking future trapper!

#19163 - 01/06/12 12:53 AM Re: A couple of firsts (beaver & otter)
skunkman2 Offline

Loc: Idaho
Nice job I remember the first otter I caught in a 330 I was stoked, and like you I caught it when I was doing beaver work. By the way it looks like you have a good helper there it will be great when he gets his first beaver and otter.

Moderator:  Hal, musher, redsnow, Ric 

Sullivan's Line - Trapping Books, Videos, and Other Products for the Trapper.

Design and Production by Sullivan Promotions
Copyright 2000-2017  Sullivan's Scents and Supplies - All rights reserved.