Please observe our rules: No profanity. No flaming. No commercial messages. No personal messages please.

Trap Old Hollow Blog

Trap Line Home   Trap Line Forum   Trap Line Help   Trap Line Photo   Old Hollow Blog   Archives
Topic Options
#19261 - 10/28/13 07:44 AM Facebook #2.
redsnow Online   content

Loc: WV
A while back we had a little discussion about Facebook, I sign-in about every morning and check to see what's going on. Most of my "friends" are classmates, family, customers, past employees, people I've worked with, etc.

Here's a message that I recieved the other morning. We weren't "friends" till yesterday.

"Hey Tim. Hope you are staying warm this week. We have a ton of coyotes up the Fork, see scat everywhere on our upper roads, and hear them from the house. We are the old Thomas/Simpson/Grace land between Judys and Potomac Overlook. If you ever need a place to take a shot at some or trap, you are welcome here.
Dave"

I sent him a message, asked a few questions, here's part of his reply:

We have about 1500 contiguous acres and the road system gets you around pretty easily. I have a pretty good topo map of our property lines and roads. The coyotes seem to be mostly on the south side, but that's what we can easily hear from our house. We live in the old house in the hollow behind Rosie Thomases house- you cross that low water bridge, go left and keep going up the hill.

If you ever want to come back for calling or trapping, you are more than welcome. Otherwise, I'd appreciate talking to you to learn some tips. I'll stop by this week and look forward to talking with you.
Thanks,
Dave

I know that there's a lot of BS on facebook. But if a man wants to give me another 1,500 acres to play with, I'll take it. I've trapped part of the property before, but it's changed hands. Now I just need more time. smile

#19262 - 10/30/13 10:17 PM Re: Facebook #2.
Trapper 66 Offline

Loc: Kansas
Thats awesome redsnow. I think facebook is a great tool to meet people. Here is the link to my page. Come check it out. Also come check out Kansas Furharvesters Association page. https://www.facebook.com/groups/593854400677560/ https://www.facebook.com/pages/Outdoor-Universe/250406328344949

#19263 - 12/17/13 06:11 PM Re: Facebook #2.
redsnow Online   content

Loc: WV
Over in the "old shack" thread, I mentioned deer season. All of my facebook friends know that I hunt/trap/fish. I post lots of pictures, and so do my friends. Not sure, but I'll bet I've seen pictures of 50, maybe 75 deer that were harvested, in the last couple of weeks. Some nice bucks, several young boys/girls with their first deer.

Pictures that I'd never seen without Facebook. And it's always nice to see a kid in the woods, with their trophy.

But here's a link you might find interesting:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wc9hhoJhyzI

Hope that works. Taylor and her parents are my neighbors. She used to work for me. Her mom is a school teacher, and her dad is a U.S. Marine. Very sharp young lady. smile

Moderator:  Hal, musher, redsnow, Ric 

Sullivan's Line - Trapping Books, Videos, and Other Products for the Trapper.

Design and Production by Sullivan Promotions
Copyright 2000-2017  Sullivan's Scents and Supplies - All rights reserved.