Please observe our rules: No profanity. No flaming. No commercial messages. No personal messages please.

Trap Old Hollow Blog

Trap Line Home   Trap Line Forum   Trap Line Help   Trap Line Photo   Old Hollow Blog   Archives
Page 1 of 2 1 2 >
Topic Options
#20167 - 04/02/13 01:56 AM Gold Rush.
redsnow Online   content

Loc: WV
This is interesting.

http://news.yahoo.com/love-mysteries-says-man-claiming-hidden-gold-173507907.html

Two, 3 or 4 million dollars worth of gold and jewels, hidden someplace. That'd be a nice find out on the trapline! smile

#20168 - 04/03/13 05:27 PM Re: Gold Rush.
littleguns Offline

Loc: Jay, Maine
That would Be a good find. Digging out a set or fiddling with a water set, there it is rite where you would least expect it.
I did find a 10 spot one time while putting in a culvert set for mink. But that much gold, wow!
Paul cool

#20169 - 04/04/13 02:55 AM Re: Gold Rush.
redsnow Online   content

The Poem
This poem written by Forrest Fenn contains nine clues that if followed precisely, will lead to the end of his rainbow and the treasure. Happy Hunting!

As I have gone alone in there
And with my treasures bold,
I can keep my secret where,
And hint of riches new and old.

Begin it where warm waters halt
And take it in the canyon down,
Not far, but too far to walk.
Put in below the home of Brown.

From there it's no place for the meek,
The end is ever drawing nigh;
There'll be no paddle up your creek,
Just heavy loads and water high.

If you've been wise and found the blaze,
Look quickly down, your quest to cease,
But tarry scant with marvel gaze,
Just take the chest and go in peace.

So why is it that I must go
And leave my trove for all to seek?
The answer I already know,
I've done it tired, and now I'm weak.

So hear me all and listen good,
Your effort will be worth the cold.
If you are brave and in the wood
I give you title to the gold.

#20170 - 04/06/13 02:04 PM Re: Gold Rush.
redsnow Online   content

Well, have any of you guys solved this puzzle yet?

From everything I've read, I don't think the treasure is buried. Just hidden. But, some think it could be underwater. In a creek or stream?

Keep in mind Mr. Fenn, was 80 years old or so, when he "carted" off the treasure.

I've read his poem, top to bottom, bottom to top, right to left and sideways. Lot's of clues.

But I did find a spot that fits the description on Google Earth. And, a man 80 years old, in decent shape, could get there, fairly easily.

Would anyone like to share their spectulation of the poems meaning? smile

#20171 - 04/06/13 02:21 PM Re: Gold Rush.
FLSH ETR Offline

Loc: Cudahy, Wisconsin,USA
Hmmm, lets see now. My chunk of earth up in northern Wis. has water, canyon wall type out croppings, the cabin is brown, hmmm. Uh-huh, uh-huh. I know exactly where it could be. Ahh, traps made out of gold. Gold skinning gambrel. Oh yah, great plans for the future now. Will be up there in June, when the snow is finally gone. Was hard to tell from the picture just exactly how big this chest of gold is, but I'll have the cargo trailer at the ready just in case!! If you see me at the FTA Nat'l with necklaces like Mr. 'T', you'll know I found the treasure.

Frank.

#20172 - 04/06/13 02:40 PM Re: Gold Rush.
redsnow Online   content

It'd take a big man to carry all of Mr. T's gold.

This chest is supposed to be about 40#.

Well, Frank, good luck finding it before I do. laugh

#20173 - 04/06/13 05:33 PM Re: Gold Rush.
FLSH ETR Offline

Loc: Cudahy, Wisconsin,USA
You're right dude. I'm just a little runt. Wouldn't know what to do with all them necklaces. Wouldn't know what to do with all that wealth anyway. I'd probably have people I went to grade school with calling me. "Hey, remember me??" I guess if I were meant to be wealthy I would have been born rich instead of handsome. eek I'm satisfied with the wealth of family, the gold in my teeth, the silver in my hair, and the jewels down under. I can take two huge lungfulls of air and not cough, and the doctor says it's ok to buy green bananas. I'm cool. smile

Frank. cool

#20174 - 04/07/13 01:25 PM Re: Gold Rush.
redsnow Online   content

Not sure? Probably, most of the items in the chest would be worth more, as is. Instead of selling them at the current gold price.

Well, in the unlikely chance of either one of us stumbling upon more gold than we can carry. I'd make 2 or 3 trips. laugh

Mr T, didn't have that much weight on his neck. I believe I could handle it, you hold him down, I'll take them off! cool

But about Mr. Fenn's treasure chest. The way I take his poem, when he wrote "below the home of Brown", he could be talking about trout?

I've never read the book, the Thrill of the Chase. But, he's spent a lot of time in Yellowstone Park.

And Yellowstone, is full of "warm water", and trout streams. Did he rent a canoe or raft and drop it off someplace? "in the canyon down, not far, but too far to walk"?

I take the "blaze" to be a clue. But if it'd be a blaze on a tree, that's not going to last more than 50, or 75 years. Could be, he's refering to a rock slide, or natural mark in the rocks. Who knows?

It's just interesting. smile

#20175 - 04/10/13 12:17 AM Re: Gold Rush.
Arkiefur Offline
Initiate Member

Loc: Arkansas
2 new clues.

over 5000ft altitude

Do not dig under the outhouses. It is not near a structure.

Anybody notice that the word Brown is capitalized, as in a proper name and not a color??

#20176 - 04/14/13 01:30 PM Re: Gold Rush.
redsnow Online   content

Here are 3 segments of the local New Mexico tv news. Hope the link will work.

(Edit: Since the link didn't work I removed the link. It pushes the board off the screen on some monitors. -- Hal)

About 21 minutes into the video, the news reporter, gives the names of Mr. Fenn's 2 dogs.

If there are only 20,000 copies of Fenn's book, and they're selling for $500 each on Ebay. That's 10 million dollars. smile

Page 1 of 2 1 2 >

Moderator:  Hal, musher, redsnow, Ric 

Sullivan's Line - Trapping Books, Videos, and Other Products for the Trapper.

Design and Production by Sullivan Promotions
Copyright 2000-2017  Sullivan's Scents and Supplies - All rights reserved.