Please observe our rules: No profanity. No flaming. No commercial messages. No personal messages please.

Trap Line Help

Trap Line Home   Trap Line Forum   Trap Line Help   Trap Line Photo   Old Hollow Blog   Archives
Topic Options
#2019 - 10/07/14 09:04 AM General location question
ron finewood Offline

Loc: palmyra, new york
Scenario:

A patch of woods, swamp, ditch, brush, etc., that stretches about 3/4 mile long. Crop fields along the entire area, BUT owned by two different farmers. So-- one farmer owns half and the other farmer owns the other half. Tractor lane on both farms leads to thick area and the lanes are about a half mile apart. I have permission on both farms. Since coyotes are such distance travelers, would you experts drive down BOTH lanes and put sets in? Or just one lane--figuring that any coyote that is traveling the thick area edge will travel the entire edge, covering both farms. The difference to me, is a few traps and about a half hour of my time.

#2020 - 10/07/14 09:59 AM Re: General location question
castiron Offline

Loc: North Carolina USA
I would trap both sides if there was sign on both.The coyotes in my area do not travel the same trails every night and you might hit on one property and not the other.

#20365 - 11/18/14 04:30 AM Re: General location question [Re: ron finewood]
tjm Offline

Loc: Jane,Missouri
both, 1/2 mile is long way, if on the edge of the group's tour

Moderator:  Hal, musher, redsnow, Ric 

Sullivan's Line - Trapping Books, Videos, and Other Products for the Trapper.

Design and Production by Sullivan Promotions
Copyright 2000-2017  Sullivan's Scents and Supplies - All rights reserved.