Please observe our rules: No profanity. No flaming. No commercial messages. No personal messages please.

Trap Line Archives

Fur Handling Archives

Trap Line Home   Trap Line Forum   Trap Line Help   Trap Line Photo   Old Hollow Blog   Archives
Page 4 of 4 < 1 2 3 4
Topic Options
#13039 - 05/24/05 03:17 AM Re: Power Washer Fleshing
foxboy43 Offline

Loc: coldspring mn
i think that most people that drive mercedes or jags wouldn't wash there own cars at a common car wash. even less likely with a pressure washer. as far as the epa and the meat proccessers, i think that it is likely that they have payed for a generators license ( toxic waste ). this is a reality in the printing bus. we put a number of diff things down the drain OSHA wouldn't turn a blind eye if anything was'nt on the level

#13040 - 05/25/05 09:36 PM Re: Power Washer Fleshing
Buzzard.. Offline

Loc: North Carolina
furbuy,

you are so technical, ever heard of common sense ?

This method as i saw it used was on a piece of plywood that pivoted above the ground.

To catch the fat, all that is needed is a small tarp placed underneigh........fat does not liguidize till it becomes hot.

Let the water drain off the tarp, fold said tarp up and dump it into a garbage can.

You can even poke a hole into the bottom to let out the water you missed .

The EPA should be happy now and common sense will prevail.

#13041 - 05/28/05 03:08 PM Re: Power Washer Fleshing
furbuy46 Offline

Loc: Evansville Ind.
Sorry about the misspelled name in my last reply. Some times old fingers just hit the wrong button.
As far as me being to technical buz, I live in that kind of world today.,
I just try and be informative. I dont give a big rats tail what happens in todays world.
I guess I am looking at things through the processing eyes of a buyer, where several thousand skins may be processed.
As far as the technical veiw point from myself, I am a Tool and Die maker, where everything is of that nature.

#13042 - 06/01/05 02:38 PM Re: Power Washer Fleshing
Otterwater0566 Offline

Loc: Austin, AR
I have used pressure washers of most makes and models ever made for years. I have used a fleshing knife very little. I am surgical with my washer and its a big old bad boy. The nozzel is the key. A #0 or straight stream will ruin a hide like a 22 auto. I have tried this with great success using a swivel, aka, an impact nozz that spins at very high speed and pressure. It will clean anything. It can also destroy. Anytime you really USE a washer, you will get wet and messy. But, I get messy trying to flesh tough hides and end up washing the hides anyway. In central AR, we don't get much really cold weather. Spoilage is a far greater problem for me than freeze up. I use a 15 degree fan nozz for cleanup. Tack or staple the hide to a board to keep it off the ground and out of the mess. I can do 3 beavs before I can get my knife out. The hides look great. My partner uses an old chainsaw bar to scrape his hides, and he's quick and good at it. Bottom line is what you have avaiable to use, and what you can do with what you have...LOL

#21059 - 12/12/14 03:35 PM Re: Power Washer Fleshing [Re: Buzzard..]
Archive Offline

Dated for Search

Page 4 of 4 < 1 2 3 4

Moderator:  Archive 

Sullivan's Line - Trapping Books, Videos, and Other Products for the Trapper.

Design and Production by Sullivan Promotions
Copyright 2000-2017  Sullivan's Scents and Supplies - All rights reserved.