Please observe our rules: No profanity. No flaming. No commercial messages. No personal messages please.

Trap Line Photo

Trap Line Home   Trap Line Forum   Trap Line Help   Trap Line Photo   Old Hollow Blog   Archives
Topic Options
#22281 - 03/03/15 06:30 AM A short video of my first fisher catch.
Quebecois Offline
Initiate Member

Loc: Quebec, Canada
Not a picture but I hope it is OK.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Tsxcnlph-40

#22283 - 03/03/15 02:43 PM Re: A short video of my first fisher catch. [Re: Quebecois]
Hal Offline

Loc: Blue Creek, Ohio, USA
Congratulations!

Hal

#22285 - 03/07/15 11:13 AM Re: A short video of my first fisher catch. [Re: Quebecois]
redsnow Online   content

Loc: WV
Very nice!

This is a first of sorts for me, my first catch in a Belisle 280 body grip. I bought the traps when they were on sale, and just haven't needed them yet.

Looking at the picture, you're looking downstream, that's the main channel of the river behind the log. There's a little point, just to the left, and beyond the edge of the ice behind me. An otter has been crapping on the point.

I only had 3 traps set, but the water went up, then it got cold and snowed and the river froze over. (I could walk on it.) I didn't catch the otter! But I did end up with a nice mink, on my final check.

A while back Hal asked me to post an avatar, so folks know who I am. This is me.

#22286 - 03/07/15 06:37 PM Re: A short video of my first fisher catch. [Re: Quebecois]
ron finewood Online   content

Loc: palmyra, new york
Very nice! Beautiful location and beautiful mink. Did you ever put any sets in on the ends of that log? From the picture, it looks like a great crossing spot for critters.

Ron

#22287 - 03/08/15 08:20 AM Re: A short video of my first fisher catch. [Re: Quebecois]
redsnow Online   content

Loc: WV
No, I looked at the log, thinking the same thing, but it was Feburary. Actually, this is part of the King's property (Old Shack Project). It is a nice little place to trap. If you look across the river behind me, that's an island. The island isn't 200 yards wide, in this spot.

I was going to set up both channels of the river, but I just didn't have the time to spare.

Thinking about it now, if I were going to set it up really hard, early season. Dirt and water trapping both. I'd have probably 6 dirt sets (2 on one side of the river, 4 on the other), 6 or 8 baited coon/mink sets, and a couple body grips here and there. A red fox did walk down the river ice the other day.

#22290 - 03/11/15 08:52 PM Re: A short video of my first fisher catch. [Re: Quebecois]
Quebecois Offline
Initiate Member

Loc: Quebec, Canada
Nice catch redsnow!!!

Moderator:  Hal, musher, redsnow, Ric 

Sullivan's Line - Trapping Books, Videos, and Other Products for the Trapper.

Design and Production by Sullivan Promotions
Copyright 2000-2017  Sullivan's Scents and Supplies - All rights reserved.