Please observe our rules: No profanity. No flaming. No commercial messages. No personal messages please.

Trap Line forum

Trap Line Home   Trap Line Forum   Trap Line Help   Trap Line Photo   Old Hollow Blog   Archives
Topic Options
#22749 - 07/19/15 02:13 AM So what will you try new this year.
mbwild Offline

Loc: manitoba,canada
Just curious are you trying new baits, lures, trap setups, methods?

#22750 - 07/19/15 05:38 PM Re: So what will you try new this year. [Re: mbwild]
RoadDawg Offline

Loc: Pennsylvania
I'm gonna try some stuff I've learned from Carman, Freeborough and a few things from Hal's K9's 2000.. The sets Carman explains in his books look real interesting as does his suggestions for lure placement. I also want to try Hal's trap bedding technique.

Also using multiple lures for coyotes. I also plan to keep a good journal this year. In the past minbe have not been what they should of been.

Got some #2 Bridgers to try out this year as well. I also got some trappers caps to try out. I sometimes think I get refusals at my sets when they step on the soft dirt around the trap.

Edited by RoadDawg (07/19/15 05:41 PM)

#22751 - 07/19/15 10:51 PM Re: So what will you try new this year. [Re: mbwild]
mbwild Offline

Loc: manitoba,canada
I think that journals a good idea.

#22752 - 07/20/15 01:10 AM Re: So what will you try new this year. [Re: mbwild]
Dale F Offline

Loc: Erie, IL
Limit out on my 5 otter here using 220's (legal on land in Il) in dry trails over culverts again. I have caught them this way before and also by watching them I'll swear they prefer to cross over a culvert rather then swim through it. Just my observation but it works. The traps need to be blended very well and difficult for them to go around or over and I use cable for the anchoring to rebar. Not really new I guess but newer to me.

Moderator:  Hal, musher, redsnow, Ric 

Sullivan's Line - Trapping Books, Videos, and Other Products for the Trapper.

Design and Production by Sullivan Promotions
Copyright 2000-2017  Sullivan's Scents and Supplies - All rights reserved.