Please observe our rules: No profanity. No flaming. No commercial messages. No personal messages please.

Trap Line Photo

Trap Line Home   Trap Line Forum   Trap Line Help   Trap Line Photo   Old Hollow Blog   Archives
Topic Options
#23217 - 12/03/15 07:04 PM big feet
musher Offline

Loc: Qc.
A photo of a good sized lynx foot compared to my hand.

#23218 - 12/03/15 09:38 PM Re: big feet [Re: musher]
ron finewood Offline

Loc: palmyra, new york
How did you catch it? Lets hear the story.

Ron

#23220 - 12/04/15 09:08 AM Re: big feet [Re: musher]
Hal Offline

Loc: Blue Creek, Ohio, USA
My I didn't quite realize they were that big. -- Hal

#23221 - 12/04/15 10:26 AM Re: big feet [Re: musher]
musher Offline

Loc: Qc.
Not much story to tell. Blind set snare on a trail. It's a big cat. I thought that it was 42 inches nose to base of tail on the stretcher but it's 44!

I would have had a story if I would have connected on one I was targeting this morning. But it didn't show up and that line is now picked up. Maybe next year for that one.

#23222 - 12/04/15 11:14 AM Re: big feet [Re: musher]
ron finewood Offline

I get a magazine called "Northern Woodlands". The current issue has an excellent article about Lynx and how they are increasing in numbers--and range. According to the article---the Eastern Spruce Budworm has killed millions of Spruce and Fir trees in Northeastern U.S. and into Canada. Next came clear cutting to harvest the dying trees, before they rotted on the stump. Then came hundreds of thousands of acres of new under growth---followed by Hares-----and then followed by the Lynx that feeds on the Hares. The article also shows a picture of the skeleton of the Lynx and the Hare. They are remarkably similar. Both built for fast travel on snow. Great article. I hope they extend their range into Northern New York---which is not far from Vermont---where there is already a limited Lynx population.

Ron

#23223 - 12/04/15 12:32 PM Re: big feet [Re: ron finewood]
Hal Offline

Loc: Blue Creek, Ohio, USA
Originally Posted By: ron finewood
I hope they extend their range into Northern New York---which is not far from Vermont---where there is already a limited Lynx population.

Ron

Oh no you don't!!! You ask the fellows in Main what a pain in the ass the lynx has become. You get a population of "endangered" lynx in your neighborhood and you will find your trapping privileges and/or methods curtailed to foster that animal.

Hal

#23224 - 12/04/15 01:37 PM Re: big feet [Re: musher]
ron finewood Offline

OH! Didn't know that.

Moderator:  Hal, musher, redsnow, Ric 

Sullivan's Line - Trapping Books, Videos, and Other Products for the Trapper.

Design and Production by Sullivan Promotions
Copyright 2000-2017  Sullivan's Scents and Supplies - All rights reserved.