Please observe our rules: No profanity. No flaming. No commercial messages. No personal messages please.

Trap Old Hollow Blog

Trap Line Home   Trap Line Forum   Trap Line Help   Trap Line Photo   Old Hollow Blog   Archives
Page 11 of 18 < 1 2 ... 9 10 11 12 13 ... 17 18 >
Topic Options
#24014 - 08/20/16 11:43 AM Re: Antler growth, trail camera pictures. [Re: redsnow]
redsnow Online   content

Loc: WV
Seems like my computer locked up on me for a minute.

They're all bucks in this picture, pretty sure the deer facing to the right, is the 6-point with the black looking face. Side by side with the other bucks, he's just a little bit bigger and huskier deer. That's the best picture of him I got this time.

I expect Moe to call before Monday, and ask about the padlock. Hehe.

#24028 - 08/23/16 09:09 PM Re: Antler growth, trail camera pictures. [Re: redsnow]
redsnow Online   content

Here's a picture Moe sent me.

Maybe 120# or so?

#24029 - 08/23/16 09:13 PM Re: Antler growth, trail camera pictures. [Re: redsnow]
redsnow Online   content

#24030 - 08/24/16 11:42 AM Re: Antler growth, trail camera pictures. [Re: redsnow]
redsnow Online   content

The last picture I posted, from Moe's camera is a mommy coon and 4 little ones. Just thinking, that old pine snag is somewhere around 12 or 14 inches at the stump. I guess coons grow fast like a puppy, but they're not very big now.

Next time I go up, I'll take my saw and drop that pole. The snag is broken off about 3 feet up, deer might be a little bit shy about walking into a spot like that, almost like being up against a wall.

#24031 - 08/24/16 11:41 PM Re: Antler growth, trail camera pictures. [Re: redsnow]
jmbloom3 Offline

Loc: Ohio,Fairfield county

#24032 - 08/24/16 11:44 PM Re: Antler growth, trail camera pictures. [Re: redsnow]
jmbloom3 Offline

These are pictures of the camlock box security box that I use.

#24033 - 08/25/16 11:41 AM Re: Antler growth, trail camera pictures. [Re: redsnow]
redsnow Online   content

Looks like you've got your camera mounted down knee high or so.

People around here have a lot of trouble with bear messing with their cameras. My bud Moe sent me several pictures the other day, far as we know it was the bear that knocked his camera a little bit out of kilter. It wasn't cocked over 45*, but almost. He told me that it's not scratched up or anything, and he squared it up again.

I've been looking at my pictures, side by side in different areas, and from different trees. I'm not sure, but it seems to me that my motion detector is only picking up stuff, from about mid-screen down.

If you look at the first picture that I posted, top of the thread, before I was getting pictures of deer, back in that little ditch/hollow past the salt lick. Seems like now, every picture that I get, there is something between the salt lick tree and the camera.

I'm going to drop the camera back down, to about 8 feet, and try to get it angled in again. I've noticed my field of view is a little bit smaller than before.

Anxious to go check my camera, bet you $100 I've have Moe on camera. He called the other day. lol

#24037 - 08/25/16 11:29 PM Re: Antler growth, trail camera pictures. [Re: redsnow]
jmbloom3 Offline

You can see the camera in the top right corner of the first picture. It's only about a foot off the ground.
the second picture shows the field of view. You can see the other camera just above the Fawns back. I've got my cameras any where from a foot to five feet above the ground. I need to look for a place to mount one high like yours Redsnow and see what I get.

#24039 - 08/26/16 11:42 AM Re: Antler growth, trail camera pictures. [Re: redsnow]
redsnow Online   content

Well, I'm going to drop my camera down, to where I can change SD cards while standing on a milk crate. Biggest reason that I put it up 10 feet, I was just messing with Moe.

Some of my pictures do almost look like aerial photos.

Somewhere above I mentioned my camera was driving Moe crazy, he'd call every other day, or send me a message, and ask when I was going to check my camera. The fart was changing SD cards on me. I'd get 3 days worth of pictures, he'd get 4. lol

Years ago I came up with the theory that buck deer pretty much reach their peak, when the apples get ripe. Just noticed last week, the apples across the road are started to turn red. A guy told me years ago, that antlers should be hard after Labor Day. So they're about finished growing.

I've been hearing rumors about some nice bucks in the area. My stock boy showed me pictures of a nice buck, he took the pictures the other morning on the way to school. Standing there 30 feet from the road, let him tinker around and get 4 pictures with his cell phone camera.

The mail man told me that a log truck smacked a "helluva 10-point" on up the road. I'd been hearing rumors of 2 really nice bucks in that area. Down to 1 now.

#24040 - 08/27/16 02:19 AM Re: Antler growth, trail camera pictures. [Re: redsnow]
redsnow Online   content

Here's a picture that Moe emailed today. Notice the deer's body language. Tail tucked in, ears folded back, he's spooked!

I'll drop that pole the next time I'm up, give them a little bit more security.

I might have time tomorrow to check my camera? Figure I'll have a few Moe pics. lol

Page 11 of 18 < 1 2 ... 9 10 11 12 13 ... 17 18 >

Moderator:  Hal, musher, redsnow, Ric 

Sullivan's Line - Trapping Books, Videos, and Other Products for the Trapper.

Design and Production by Sullivan Promotions
Copyright 2000-2017  Sullivan's Scents and Supplies - All rights reserved.