Please observe our rules: No profanity. No flaming. No commercial messages. No personal messages please.

Trap Line Help

Trap Line Home   Trap Line Forum   Trap Line Help   Trap Line Photo   Old Hollow Blog   Archives
Topic Options
#24025 - 08/22/16 01:08 PM A Marten venture
ron finewood Online   content

Loc: palmyra, new york
At my Northern New York camp, our Dept. of Environmental Conservation says there is a fair Pine Marten population. I have never seen one, a track of one or any sign whatsoever----although I don't know what to look for anyway! The habitat seems good----with miles of evergreens -- both cutovers and nearly virgin stands, millions of red squirrels, creeks, streams, bogs, rivers and small lakes----vast areas of hardwoods, hills and valleys, rocky cliffs, meadows, miles of logging roads and lots of Adirondack Forest Preserve land that is open for trapping.

So----I bought 10, black, plastic, newspaper tubes- size large, a dozen Bridger #155 body grips, some 3/32" cable and my name tags. The tubes are now slotted and vent holes have been drilled in the rear area. The 155's fit fairly snugly into the square tubes and the attachment cables are nearly finished. I added a swivel and a name tag to each trap.

I have some frozen beaver meat from last year. This fall will be the first Marten adventure.

Ron

#24026 - 08/22/16 02:11 PM Re: A Marten venture [Re: ron finewood]
Hal Online   content

Loc: Blue Creek, Ohio, USA
Good for you!!! I wish you success.

#24027 - 08/23/16 12:18 PM Re: A Marten venture [Re: ron finewood]
musher Offline

Loc: Qc.
Good times. I rarely see marten sign. They are still there.

Moderator:  Hal, musher, redsnow, Ric 

Sullivan's Line - Trapping Books, Videos, and Other Products for the Trapper.

Design and Production by Sullivan Promotions
Copyright 2000-2017  Sullivan's Scents and Supplies - All rights reserved.