Please observe our rules: No profanity. No flaming. No commercial messages. No personal messages please.

Trap Old Hollow Blog

Trap Line Home   Trap Line Forum   Trap Line Help   Trap Line Photo   Old Hollow Blog   Archives
Page 2 of 2 < 1 2
Topic Options
#24441 - 01/01/17 05:33 PM Re: Ammunition [Re: Hal]
redsnow Online   content

Loc: WV
Ric and I talked about this a while back. Here's a link.

http://www.ammoland.com/2013/10/last-u-s.../#axzz4UWrsDHza

I'm sure we'd all be surprised if we had an idea of how many millions and millions of rounds of .22 ammo that folks have horded. Well, if the ammo companies can get to the point where they don't need to pay their employees overtime, maybe prices will drop? A little bit, maybe?

It's not just .22 ammo either, any caliber/gauge, or brand of ammo! A while back I bought a guy's shotgun and all of his ammo, I forget, 16 or 18 boxes?, not that cheap "dove and quail" stuff, the ammo was worth as much as the gun.

#24442 - 01/01/17 11:02 PM Re: Ammunition [Re: Hal]
FLSH ETR Online   content

Loc: Cudahy, Wisconsin,USA
Still got a brick and a half left over from my dad.(got a price tag of under six bucks on it)These are the old ones with a wax coating on the bullet. I've got an Henry's AR-7 on order. Just wondering if the semi-auto will digest the waxy bullets. If not, guess I'll have to crack open my wallet. Ouch!

Frank.

#24443 - 01/02/17 09:32 PM Re: Ammunition [Re: Hal]
Dale F Offline

Loc: Erie, IL
Found some today. Winchester long rifle .40 grain 100 for 9.99

#24444 - 01/02/17 09:48 PM Re: Ammunition [Re: Hal]
Hal Online   content

Loc: Blue Creek, Ohio, USA
I got to digging through my gun closet, etc., and found a few thousand rounds I didn't know I had. I don't reckon I'll ever see WalMart sell a brick of promotional loads for $13.00 again. But I'm at least willing to adjust for inflation. One big thing that bothered me ... Every .22 I've ever seriously sighted in had and affinity for a certain kind of ammo. If I can't purchase a variety, I'll never find the right load. (But, in all honesty, I'm probably good on .22 rifles at this point. smile )

Page 2 of 2 < 1 2

Moderator:  Hal, musher, redsnow, Ric 

Sullivan's Line - Trapping Books, Videos, and Other Products for the Trapper.

Design and Production by Sullivan Promotions
Copyright 2000-2017  Sullivan's Scents and Supplies - All rights reserved.