Please observe our rules: No profanity. No flaming. No commercial messages. No personal messages please.

Trap Line Help

Trap Line Home   Trap Line Forum   Trap Line Help   Trap Line Photo   Old Hollow Blog   Archives
Page 2 of 2 < 1 2
Topic Options
#24540 - 02/05/17 03:20 AM Re: Trapping late winter early spring BEAVERS [Re: Dfabs]
Randy Sheckles Offline

Loc: Strawberry Point Iowa United S...
Thanks again Dfabs!

#24558 - 02/13/17 06:47 PM Re: Trapping late winter early spring BEAVERS [Re: Dfabs]
Randy Sheckles Offline

Holy Cow! Dfabs your advice on the Backbreaker lure and castor mound help has got me pounding the Beaver I am very THANKFUL for your help

#24559 - 02/13/17 06:50 PM Re: Trapping late winter early spring BEAVERS [Re: Hal]
Randy Sheckles Offline

Thanks Hal for telling me alot to do Castor mounds. I am pounding the Beaver and this farmer is very happy. THANKS A BUNCH!

#24569 - 02/18/17 01:45 AM Re: Trapping late winter early spring BEAVERS [Re: Randy Sheckles]
Dfabs Offline

Loc: Morgantown, West Virginia
Glad it is working for you. Beavers are a lot of work, but they are a lot of fun too. It's supposed to be in the 60s this week. I might try to pinch a few myself.

#24579 - 02/21/17 01:50 AM Re: Trapping late winter early spring BEAVERS [Re: Randy Sheckles]
Jackjr Offline
Initiate Member

Loc: West Virginia
That backbreaker is good stuff!!

#24621 - 03/09/17 12:27 AM Re: Trapping late winter early spring BEAVERS [Re: Randy Sheckles]
seg_sarge Offline
Initiate Member

Loc: missouri
I have the reverse problem with beaver. There are 6-8 dams, 2-4 feet in height in a creek that is anywhere from a trickle deep to waist deep. This creek runs beside a county road and the dams are clearly visible driving by. Local Conservation agent asked me if I'd trap these due to flood concerns.
I've tried using footholds and castor mounds with no success. They seem to show no interest in it. Different brand lures didn't change results. I can't find any slides on the banks or runs in the creek. There are no cuttings along the banks where they have been feeding and no food caches to indicate den location. It is mostly gravel/solid rock bank and bottom. I have set spots where it narrows down with 330's. Almost two weeks have gone by with no success. I've stayed in the water to avoid disturbing the bank and the landowners assure me no one else has trapped this.
I'm not new to beaver trapping but this has me completely puzzled. Any help would be most appreciated.

#24622 - 03/09/17 01:16 AM Re: Trapping late winter early spring BEAVERS [Re: Randy Sheckles]
Mike Conrad Offline

Loc: Sheffield, Ohio
Sure sounds like someone else has trapped them, regardless of what the landowners say. You can verify if there are any beavers there by making small breaches in the dams. If they are repaired, you know there is at least one there; if they go unrepaired, they are not.

#24623 - 03/09/17 01:40 AM Re: Trapping late winter early spring BEAVERS [Re: Randy Sheckles]
seg_sarge Offline
Initiate Member

Loc: missouri
Should find out shortly. We had a really big rain two nights ago. Water was too high to even get in the water safely. Washed out at least two dams. Others had water flowing a few feet over them. I have traps down in there someplace.

Page 2 of 2 < 1 2

Moderator:  Hal, musher, redsnow, Ric 

Sullivan's Line - Trapping Books, Videos, and Other Products for the Trapper.

Design and Production by Sullivan Promotions
Copyright 2000-2017  Sullivan's Scents and Supplies - All rights reserved.