Please observe our rules: No profanity. No flaming. No commercial messages. No personal messages please.

Trap Old Hollow Blog

Trap Line Home   Trap Line Forum   Trap Line Help   Trap Line Photo   Old Hollow Blog   Archives
Topic Options
#24744 - 04/22/17 07:34 AM Vacation time.
redsnow Online   content

Loc: WV
This thread should give everyone on the forum something to think about. We all enjoy our free time, weekends, time off from school or work, time to spend with family or friends, or sight seeing, trapping and hunting or whatever. We all enjoy our time off!

I was at work the other day, and a white-haired man came in and asked me what all kinds of fish bait I sold. I showed him the night crawlers and meal worms. The man got himself a dozen worms, and some other stuff.

The hired help was talking to the man, he said he was from the state of Maine, and there was still 2 feet of snow on the ground at his home. Said that he'd been on the road since back in March. On the road since back in March of 2016. Over a year on the road!

He said that he'd been to 38 states, and had fished in 25 states so far. I didn't get a chance to talk to him much, he was driving a medium sized car with a trailer hitch on the back. Not sure if he was pulling a small camper or not? Or just staying in motels and campgrounds or what? He had a little white dog with him. Just out taking in the country, and enjoying his time.

After the man left, the hired help and I were talking, that would be a vacation! Hopefully before the man pulls out of this area, I'll get a chance to talk to him again. But his vacation just seems so neat.

#24745 - 04/22/17 09:17 AM Re: Vacation time. [Re: redsnow]
Hal Offline

Loc: Blue Creek, Ohio, USA
Probably runnin' from the law. smile

#24746 - 04/23/17 05:21 AM Re: Vacation time. [Re: Hal]
musher Online   content

Loc: Qc.
Originally Posted By: Hal
Probably runnin' from the law. smile

Or a cranky woman!

#24749 - 04/23/17 08:18 AM Re: Vacation time. [Re: redsnow]
redsnow Online   content

Loc: WV
I'm not much of a gambler, but there could be a woman involved!

Moderator:  Hal, musher, redsnow, Ric 

Sullivan's Line - Trapping Books, Videos, and Other Products for the Trapper.

Design and Production by Sullivan Promotions
Copyright 2000-2017  Sullivan's Scents and Supplies - All rights reserved.