Please observe our rules: No profanity. No flaming. No commercial messages. No personal messages please.

Trap Old Hollow Blog

Trap Line Home   Trap Line Forum   Trap Line Help   Trap Line Photo   Old Hollow Blog   Archives
Page 5 of 5 < 1 2 3 4 5
Topic Options
#25219 - 09/01/17 03:31 PM Re: The Old Shack. Update. [Re: redsnow]
redsnow Online   content

Loc: WV
Thanks for flipping the picture back upright.

About 3 more quarts of paint on the roof and it'll be finished, my big ladder is just about 3 feet too short. I painted till sundown, the whip poor wills were doing their thing.

Talking about the cook stove, it's in pretty good shape, I mean the firebox and all. It's been years since it's had a fire in it, but like I said above the chimney just wasn't safe. The chimney was made of 4 bricks per layer. It didn't have any kind of liner, when we took it down, we plucked off most of the bricks with our hands. Used a screwdriver now and then, but it just wasn't safe.

What bricks we didn't toss out the window, I carried down the steps in a bucket.

I really should get on it with a wire brush and the shop vac, and polish up the top with some "stove black". It is a pretty old stove. Nice storage for the skillets. It's a heavy rascal!

Frank, you've got a good eye! I'll clean that top off, at first chance and get you a picture of the working surface. There's nothing like homemade bread or pies baked in a woodstove. Brings back lots of memories!

I guess it was about 10 years ago, a man asked me to rid his garden of varmints, I did. Mr. Sterns stopped here at work the other week and told me his vines were full of grapes. You're looking at the first batch of King's Ranch Purple, vintage 2017. (I really don't care for wine.) But I want you to know, I used genuine Wolfe Mountain spring water, from the time I rinsed them off, until they were in the jug. None of this "town water" crap. Hopefully it'll turn out good, they make great Christmas gifts.

#25233 - 09/08/17 02:45 PM Re: The Old Shack. Update. [Re: redsnow]
redsnow Online   content

Loc: WV

Page 5 of 5 < 1 2 3 4 5

Moderator:  Hal, musher, redsnow, Ric 

Sullivan's Line - Trapping Books, Videos, and Other Products for the Trapper.

Design and Production by Sullivan Promotions
Copyright 2000-2017  Sullivan's Scents and Supplies - All rights reserved.