Please observe our rules: No profanity. No flaming. No commercial messages. No personal messages please.

Trap Old Hollow Blog

Trap Line Home   Trap Line Forum   Trap Line Help   Trap Line Photo   Old Hollow Blog   Archives
Page 3 of 5 < 1 2 3 4 5 >
Topic Options
#25062 - 08/02/17 11:32 AM Re: Picture posting, NEW. [Re: redsnow]
redsnow Online   content

Loc: WV
Here you can compare my dog to the little bear at the salt lick. I think the bear is just a little bit too big to have been born in the spring of 2017.

The camera at the salt lick and the camera watching my lured rock, those 2 cameras are right at 3 miles apart. My opinion, I've got pictures of at least 6 different bear. The bear pictures that I posted before, when I had the camera watching the 4-wheeler crossing, those are different bear. Air miles, that camera was around 4 miles from the salt lick camera, almost due east.

I have 3 cameras out now, they are pretty much in a straight line, about 3 miles apart. It's 9 miles from here to Wardney's illegal salt lick, the other 2 cameras are between here and there.

I'm using a thing called "Image Resizer", it's free. Think I'm starting to get the hang of it.

#25063 - 08/02/17 11:42 AM Re: Picture posting, NEW. [Re: redsnow]
redsnow Online   content

Second thought, I think the little bear is this springs cub. Minus the hair, it probably only weighs 40#.

Added the cub picture.

Edited by redsnow (08/02/17 08:30 PM)

#25064 - 08/02/17 01:13 PM Re: Picture posting, NEW. [Re: redsnow]
musher Online   content

Loc: Qc.
Originally Posted By: redsnow
Second thought, I think the little bear is this springs cub. Minus the hair, it probably only weighs 40#.

Around here, I'd say that your bear is a 2016 cub just rejected by the mother because she was due to breed. Your 40 pounds seems accurate to me.

#25065 - 08/02/17 01:59 PM Re: Picture posting, NEW. [Re: redsnow]
redsnow Online   content

Notice the picture above dated 7/20/17 @ 6:31 pm. That black spot on the left of the picture is a cub or cubs. I can't tell on my computer if it's more than 1 or not.

The cameras are set to take a picture every minute, with motion, so I only get 1 picture, then it's gone.

I'm sure it's happened a lot of times, might be 6 deer walking the road, I'll get a picture of the first and maybe the 2nd deer, then during the 60 second delay, the rest of the herd walks on past.

I'd rather have my camera watching the water hole, but it'll take me almost 2 hours on foot, just to run up there and change sd cards.

That's my bud Moe with the blue antlers, I made him get out of the truck, the way I park to change sd cards, you can't get out on the downhill side. That camera is up about 10 feet. Knock on wood, the bear haven't found it yet.

#25066 - 08/02/17 02:23 PM Re: Picture posting, NEW. [Re: redsnow]
Hal Online   content

Loc: Blue Creek, Ohio, USA
Looks like you've got a handle on the pictures.

Brian: You should upload your avatar. Looks like it's gone the way of photobucket. -- Hal

#25067 - 08/02/17 05:59 PM Re: Picture posting, NEW. [Re: redsnow]
redsnow Online   content

Practice.

This new computer is a good bit different from the old one. I'm no computer whiz, not sure if I can help anyone but I'll give it a shot.

The other day when I tried to post a picture, it kept coming up: File too big. I searched and went to "The Store", searched "image resizing", and it came up with 40 or 50 different places that would resize. It's here on the computer now. Image Resizer.

I select the image that I want, it's set on "Small (fits a 640x480 screen), then I drop down to the box and check: "Resize the original pictures (don't create copies)". Then drop down and click Save.

That will replace the picture here on my computer, then I go to the thread where I want to post my picture, click the 5th icon (the one with the little blue arrow), "browse" then select image, add file from PC, and then "all done".

See the squirrel in the middle of the road? I put the skunk carcass someplace near the black circle. I'll have pictures on this camera, coming up on 2 weeks since I've changed sd cards.

#25068 - 08/02/17 08:04 PM Re: Picture posting, NEW. [Re: redsnow]
Hal Online   content

Loc: Blue Creek, Ohio, USA
I'd advise keeping a copy of the original. I always do. -- Hal

#25071 - 08/03/17 12:30 AM Re: Picture posting, NEW. [Re: redsnow]
redsnow Online   content

I'll un-check that box I mentioned above and see what happens. I'll email myself one of the resized pictures and see how it shows up.

Let me ask, is 640x480 pixels the preferred size for here on the forum? If the pictures were bigger we'd be able to see more detail, not sure if that would bog down the system? I don't know how that works.

I'm starting to figure out things, Picture #35 on camera #1, might have been taken on 7/25/17, Picture #35 on camera #2 might have been taken on 7/12/17. Once I import the pictures to my computer they all go in a number sequence. Scrolling through my pictures, you go from daylight to night, from yesterday to one day last week, from camera to camera.

I've got one more camera to put out, I'll tell you, 4 will be enough.

#25072 - 08/03/17 10:09 AM Re: Picture posting, NEW. [Re: Hal]
musher Online   content

Loc: Qc.
Originally Posted By: Hal
Looks like you've got a handle on the pictures.

Brian: You should upload your avatar. Looks like it's gone the way of photobucket. -- Hal

I would if I could.

#25073 - 08/03/17 10:39 AM Re: Picture posting, NEW. [Re: redsnow]
redsnow Online   content

This picture is 600x800.

We'll see what it looks like.

Page 3 of 5 < 1 2 3 4 5 >

Moderator:  Hal, musher, redsnow, Ric 

Sullivan's Line - Trapping Books, Videos, and Other Products for the Trapper.

Design and Production by Sullivan Promotions
Copyright 2000-2017  Sullivan's Scents and Supplies - All rights reserved.