Please observe our rules: No profanity. No flaming. No commercial messages. No personal messages please.

Trap Old Hollow Blog

Trap Line Home   Trap Line Forum   Trap Line Help   Trap Line Photo   Old Hollow Blog   Archives
Page 3 of 3 < 1 2 3
Topic Options
#26013 - 05/25/18 08:05 AM Re: Asset Protection, Theft. [Re: redsnow]
redsnow Online   content

Loc: WV
The Twenty on the bottom of the picture is fake. Honestly, there's not much difference!

I'm no expert on bad money, but if I'd grade it on a scale of 1 to 10, 10 being best. I'd give it an 8. At least a 7.

It's printed on actual "money paper", it feels right. The police told us what and how the guy was doing. They confiscated his "equipment".

I just found this out yesterday, each counterfeit bill that is recovered, that's a separate charge against the man. I was told that each separate charge carries a penalty of 2 to 10 years in jail.

The police said he was set up doing 20's and 50's. I'm not sure how this works, but those should be federal charges, he's going to do some time in the pokey!

#26014 - 05/26/18 07:00 PM Re: Asset Protection, Theft. [Re: redsnow]
FLSH ETR Online   content

Loc: Cudahy, Wisconsin,USA
Just sold a patio furniture set that we listed on Craig's list. Thanks to your counterfeit money tutorial, I scrutinized each bill as if I were Sherlock Holmes. Andy and Benny are lookin' like they should. Thanks Tim!

Frank.

#26015 - 05/27/18 07:34 AM Re: Asset Protection, Theft. [Re: redsnow]
redsnow Online   content

Loc: WV
I guess the easiest thing to look for in our "new" money, would be that plastic strip embedded within the paper. Hold the bill up to the light and it'll be there someplace.

But there is still a lot of "old" money in circulation too.

The bills in the picture above are all genuine, and they are worth face value. Because of their dates, if, IF they would be in mint condition, they would be worth a little bit more. You don't see many old bills today, but when I find one, I'll keep it.

But notice how much darker green and black the bills are compared to today's money.

That's what first caught my eye with the counterfeit 20's we've found here at work.

I was told that one of the local banks gave one of their customers a "bad" Twenty the other day. That's how good these fakes are.

Who knows how many counterfeit bills this dude printed?

Page 3 of 3 < 1 2 3

Moderator:  Hal, musher, redsnow, Ric 

Sullivan's Line - Trapping Books, Videos, and Other Products for the Trapper.

Design and Production by Sullivan Promotions
Copyright 2000-2017  Sullivan's Scents and Supplies - All rights reserved.