Please observe our rules: No profanity. No flaming. No commercial messages. No personal messages please.

Trap Old Hollow Blog

Trap Line Home   Trap Line Forum   Trap Line Help   Trap Line Photo   Old Hollow Blog   Archives
Page 2 of 2 < 1 2
Topic Options
#25258 - 09/20/17 07:21 PM Re: Wood cook stoves. [Re: redsnow]
redsnow Online   content

Loc: WV
This is the stove at the flower shop.

#25260 - 09/21/17 08:51 PM Re: Wood cook stoves. [Re: redsnow]
Hal Offline

Loc: Blue Creek, Ohio, USA
Beautiful stove.

Originally Posted By: redsnow
I figure a feller could put a pound of dry beans in the thing with a ham bone, and let it simmer, and have something to eat for a few days.

With a tin of cornbread and a pound of butter - proof of a loving god.

#25261 - 09/21/17 10:36 PM Re: Wood cook stoves. [Re: redsnow]
redsnow Online   content

Here are a few pictures from Mom's home place. I go up now and then to check on things.

#25262 - 09/21/17 11:07 PM Re: Wood cook stoves. [Re: redsnow]
redsnow Online   content

If you notice the one picture above, there is a small wood cook stove on the left, then the Tappan gas stove and the kitchen sink. My grandparents had gravity fed spring water in the kitchen. Hot water came from the little wood stove on the left, they kept a fire in that thing all year long. Very simple lifestyle, nothing fancy, hard working folks and they raised 11 kids in that house.

Part of this house is log, they had a wood stove in the kitchen, the "cylinder" stove in the middle room, and a fireplace in the front room. Lots of memories.

#25277 - 09/25/17 10:20 PM Re: Wood cook stoves. [Re: redsnow]
redsnow Online   content

Here's a better picture of the old stove at the flower shop. Notice on the top, there are 12 pieces you can lift off. I looked it over pretty good today, it's just a pretty antique. It has a couple of pieces missing and the firebox is pretty much shot. It would be ideal to put on display at something like: A flower shop.

Page 2 of 2 < 1 2

Moderator:  Hal, musher, redsnow, Ric 

Sullivan's Line - Trapping Books, Videos, and Other Products for the Trapper.

Design and Production by Sullivan Promotions
Copyright 2000-2017  Sullivan's Scents and Supplies - All rights reserved.