Please observe our rules: No profanity. No flaming. No commercial messages. No personal messages please.

Trap Line Help

Trap Line Home   Trap Line Forum   Trap Line Help   Trap Line Photo   Old Hollow Blog   Archives
Topic Options
#25293 - 09/30/17 01:56 PM Bobcat locations?
ron finewood Offline

Loc: palmyra, new york
I have never caught a Bobcat, although I have set for them for the past couple years, or more. Question: In known Bobcat territory, [ Trail cam pictures and sightings and tons of Snowshoe Hares ], there is an area best described as follows: Extremely dense Cedar growth, amongst huge rocks which are covered with moss, creating hundreds of natural cubbies, tunnels, and "caves", very uneven terrain, steep grade, down to a year around stream full of boulders. I beat my way into this jungle last week. At the stream, there is also an old Beaver dam, holding back several acres of pond. The stream goes from a trout stocked HUGE pond, a couple of miles to a Trout stocked river. I did pull an Otter out of the stream 2 years ago. Does this sound like a good spot for a few sets for 'cats? I saw no tracks or scat, however, there is so much moss that tracks are probably non-existent.

Ron

#25295 - 10/01/17 05:25 AM Re: Bobcat locations? [Re: ron finewood]
Utk1 Online   content

Loc: S.E. Kentucky
The spot you want to set is both ends of that beaver dam. The cats hang around beaver and will cross on the dam.

Moderator:  Hal, musher, redsnow, Ric 

Sullivan's Line - Trapping Books, Videos, and Other Products for the Trapper.

Design and Production by Sullivan Promotions
Copyright 2000-2017  Sullivan's Scents and Supplies - All rights reserved.