Please observe our rules: No profanity. No flaming. No commercial messages. No personal messages please.

Trap Line Photo

Trap Line Home   Trap Line Forum   Trap Line Help   Trap Line Photo   Old Hollow Blog   Archives
Page 2 of 2 < 1 2
Topic Options
#25421 - 10/20/17 02:07 PM Re: Look who came to dinner [Re: redsnow]
FLSH ETR Online   content

Loc: Cudahy, Wisconsin,USA
Can't wait for the colder weather to arrive. 70's at the camp while all the work was being done. We all looked like astronauts with the bubble dome of gnats constantly around our heads! Ain't going back until it chills out a bit. And I ain't bow hunting in a camo loin cloth either!!

Frank.

#25427 - 10/22/17 11:53 AM Re: Look who came to dinner [Re: FLSH ETR]
redsnow Online   content

Loc: WV
Thinking about your salt block, if it'd fall in the water, it'd dissolve in a few days. The salt licks that Moe and I started, I picked out places where the ground would drain good. I didn't want the block to be sitting in the mud.

I checked my cameras yesterday, they'd been out 27 days. The camera at the lower salt lick, it had taken 390 pictures. Minus off 20 or so for me and the dog. Mostly deer, a few coons and squirrel pictures. No bear on that camera this check.

I posted this picture before, that's the landowner at the "lower salt lick". But notice how the deer have the ground worn out, it's almost like a barn yard. It's impossible to walk or drive that road and not notice it. Nancy is walking out there thinking: What the hell is going on here?

Moe and I were talking a while back, I wish we'd started the salt licks another 50 or 75 yards from the road. The people that have permission to be on the property would never mess with our cameras, but anyone else that would happen to find our salt licks, there's a good chance that they might look around and check for a camera. If a feller is trespassing and realizes that he's on camera, it'd probably come up missing.

We've had a couple of frosts, our leaves are coming off pretty good, and it's not as obvious as it was before. But all of the times I've hunted up there, I've only bumped into one guy that didn't have permission to be on the property. I'm getting my best buck pictures on that camera, I'm going to let it ride.

#25530 - 11/14/17 10:00 PM Re: Look who came to dinner [Re: redsnow]
FLSH ETR Online   content

Loc: Cudahy, Wisconsin,USA
Hmmm, lets see now. Umm one, two, three, fo- HEY! HEY WAIT!!I'm not done counting yet!!! HEY!!!!

Page 2 of 2 < 1 2

Moderator:  Hal, musher, redsnow, Ric 

Sullivan's Line - Trapping Books, Videos, and Other Products for the Trapper.

Design and Production by Sullivan Promotions
Copyright 2000-2017  Sullivan's Scents and Supplies - All rights reserved.