Please observe our rules: No profanity. No flaming. No commercial messages. No personal messages please.

Trap Line forum

Trap Line Home   Trap Line Forum   Trap Line Help   Trap Line Photo   Old Hollow Blog   Archives
Topic Options
#25430 - 10/22/17 12:07 PM Daddy daycare
Tom Landefeld Offline
Initiate Member

Loc: Kentucky
Walnuts have been gathered, traps have been sorted, wood has been cut and wax is in the pot. Tomorrow is the day (barring the rain isn't coming down too hard) I am doing the stay at home dad thing for the next few weeks watching our little girl, but I still have to be productive. So to start off the new arrangement I figured we could spend some quality time together playing with fire, black goo, hot wax and traps! Mommy will be happy with me. whistle whistle whistle

Tom

#25431 - 10/22/17 03:03 PM Re: Daddy daycare [Re: Tom Landefeld]
Hal Offline

Loc: Blue Creek, Ohio, USA
Bundle her up and take her along!

#25432 - 10/23/17 05:48 AM Re: Daddy daycare [Re: Hal]
musher Offline

Loc: Qc.
Originally Posted By: Hal
Bundle her up and take her along!

My first born daughter spent a lot of time wrapped in a sleeping bag in a dog sled. Bring lots of food, go a little slower and enjoy. All my kids were on the line before they could walk.

#25433 - 10/23/17 02:17 PM Re: Daddy daycare [Re: Tom Landefeld]
Tom Landefeld Offline
Initiate Member

Loc: Kentucky
Absolutely the plan! I took our 9 year old boy with me some, but he never showed much interest until this year. He recently has been poring over my old FFG magazines and chastising me for the ones I am missing. We really wanted to get over to the UTK gathering a few weeks ago but had conflicting engagement. I have not been overly active in any of the trapper haunts or organizations since we left Ohio and my hardcore trapping days were put on hold with a family, farm chores etc... But, in the past few years I have decided to put more skin into the lifestyle. For us, it has to pay or we cannot play.

Tom

#25435 - 10/23/17 07:04 PM Re: Daddy daycare [Re: Tom Landefeld]
Utk1 Offline

Loc: S.E. Kentucky
You go through a time when the kids are little that several things kind of find their way to the back burner. Then they get big enough to tag along if interested. Next fall's UTK meet will be in Paris, Ky which is much closer for you. Spring meet this year is in Sheperdsville.

Moderator:  Hal, musher, redsnow, Ric 

Sullivan's Line - Trapping Books, Videos, and Other Products for the Trapper.

Design and Production by Sullivan Promotions
Copyright 2000-2017  Sullivan's Scents and Supplies - All rights reserved.