Please observe our rules: No profanity. No flaming. No commercial messages. No personal messages please.

Trap Old Hollow Blog

Trap Line Home   Trap Line Forum   Trap Line Help   Trap Line Photo   Old Hollow Blog   Archives
Page 2 of 2 < 1 2
Topic Options
#25668 - 12/24/17 07:28 AM Re: Tangled Up in Christmas Lights [Re: Hal]
redsnow Online   content

Loc: WV
I know you guys are like me and all excited about Christmas and Santa, and all. Here's the site that I follow this time of year:

https://www.noradsanta.org/overlay/tracking/map/index.html

There are 2 or 3 other "Santa trackers" online, but I like Norad's site best.

I'm sure there are different customs that vary in different areas. Here at my house we always put out milk and cookies and a couple slices of longhorn cheese for Santa Clause. And, we'll line up apples across the handrail of the porch for the Reindeer.

I remember lots of years, Christmas morning, we'd have Santa tracks, Reindeer tracks, and now and then, we'd even find a couple little piles of Reindeer poop on the porch. Tracks in the snow are proof positive!

#25670 - 12/24/17 01:50 PM Re: Tangled Up in Christmas Lights [Re: redsnow]
FLSH ETR Online   content

Loc: Cudahy, Wisconsin,USA
One year, when the kids were over at Grandma's house, I went up into the attic, right above the young'ns bedroom. With eye hooks, pulleys, hoof noise junk, string, oh and of course jingle bells, I proceeded to put together a surprise. I coiled up the end of the strings above the disappearing stair hatch. It's midnight Christmas eve, so I cracked open the hatch, got the strings down, and started my puppet noise show. I thought I did a great job sounding like reindeer hooves. My kids woke up screaming! Totally fricked out! It took a long while for us to convince them that it's alright to go back to bed. I told them that they probably scared Santa off with their screams, as there were no presents left under the tree yet. But he would be back. Two hours after they got back to bed, I was out in the yard making sleigh and hoof marks. Sure glad they finally grew up. (well,sort of)

Frank.

Page 2 of 2 < 1 2

Moderator:  Hal, musher, redsnow, Ric 

Sullivan's Line - Trapping Books, Videos, and Other Products for the Trapper.

Design and Production by Sullivan Promotions
Copyright 2000-2017  Sullivan's Scents and Supplies - All rights reserved.