Please observe our rules: No profanity. No flaming. No commercial messages. No personal messages please.

Trap Old Hollow Blog

Trap Line Home   Trap Line Forum   Trap Line Help   Trap Line Photo   Old Hollow Blog   Archives
Page 2 of 13 < 1 2 3 4 ... 12 13 >
Topic Options
#25951 - 04/24/18 03:48 PM Re: 2018 Deer Antler, Fawn growth Trail camera thread. [Re: redsnow]
redsnow Online   content

Loc: WV
Not sure? Maybe I'm doing something wrong? I tinkered around with the GoogleChrome thing this morning, more or less wasted 30 minutes to look at 3 of my pictures from the "2017 deer thread".

Here on my work computer, they don't show up now.

Seems like every time that I've used Photobucket, it really slows down the computer. Plus all of their popup adds, all of that junk.

Honestly, just looking at Photobucket as a business, if. . .If they'd offer a one time payment of say $25 to restore my pictures, I'd write them a check today. And I'll bet that a lot of other people would too.

Here on this forum we've had some good discussions, without the pictures, things are just hard to understand. Think about the threads with the honeybees and this and that, there was a good bit of effort put into the discussions. If you get right down to it, there was some very good information lost.

#25952 - 04/25/18 10:04 AM Re: 2018 Deer Antler, Fawn growth Trail camera thread. [Re: redsnow]
musher Offline

Loc: Qc.
I used the Firefox one. Loaded it and all my stuff reappeared. It took seconds to do.

#25953 - 04/25/18 02:47 PM Re: 2018 Deer Antler, Fawn growth Trail camera thread. [Re: redsnow]
keef Offline
Initiate Member

Loc: MO
Redsnow do you have a treestand on the road where you get a lot of your pictures? Can't believe the variety of species you have on that camera. I'd call it the "zoo" camera.

#25954 - 04/26/18 02:36 PM Re: 2018 Deer Antler, Fawn growth Trail camera thread. [Re: musher]
Hal Offline

Loc: Blue Creek, Ohio, USA
Originally Posted By: musher
I used the Firefox one. Loaded it and all my stuff reappeared.

Yes, but only for you on your computer. Everyone else is still looking at that Photobucket place holder that appears in the place of all the photobucket photos.

#25955 - 04/26/18 03:30 PM Re: 2018 Deer Antler, Fawn growth Trail camera thread. [Re: redsnow]
redsnow Online   content

No, I haven't hunted from a treestand for better than 25 years. I like to move around.

The next time I check the mountain cameras, I'll take a picture of that area with my regular camera, would help to explain what's going on at the lured rock camera.

If you look at the pictures from the camera with the turkey, bobcat, bear, off to the left is a "rock slide", there is a ledge, maybe 50 feet tall in spots. Nothing can come or go in that area. Off to the right of the camera, there is nothing but rocks. Deer can't get through that area, until you go uphill 75 yards or so.

I zapped it with my rangefinder the other day, ridge to ridge, level, it's about 250 yards across that hollow (that's from the road).

I'll tell you about that turkey, that camera has been in place for a year, that's the first time I've got a turkey picture. I had 3 total. This time of year gobblers will spread out, find their own little area. I've showed that picture to several of my friends, my opinion, there is a very good chance the ole boy will end up in a bobcat turd.

#25956 - 04/26/18 07:32 PM Re: 2018 Deer Antler, Fawn growth Trail camera thread. [Re: Hal]
musher Offline

Loc: Qc.
Originally Posted By: Hal
I used the Firefox one. Loaded it and all my stuff reappeared.

Yes, but only for you on your computer. Everyone else is still looking at that Photobucket place holder that appears in the place of all the photobucket photos.

Quite true,but my computer is the one I 'm looking at! The link is not a fix all. Every individual has to download the add-on for themselves so that they can see their photos as well as the photos of others that have posted via Photobucket.

#25957 - 04/26/18 08:01 PM Re: 2018 Deer Antler, Fawn growth Trail camera thread. [Re: redsnow]
redsnow Online   content

Long story short, Photobucket went to hell on us.

I'll try the firefox thing later.

#25958 - 04/27/18 06:26 PM Re: 2018 Deer Antler, Fawn growth Trail camera thread. [Re: musher]
Hal Offline

Loc: Blue Creek, Ohio, USA

Quite true,but my computer is the one I 'm looking at! The link is not a fix all. Every individual has to download the add-on for themselves so that they can see their photos as well as the photos of others that have posted via Photobucket.

I'm not prepared to ask every user of this site to make that download. For the vast, vast majority of the photos in our archives, I took the time to download the photos to this site so they would be viewable in just such a situation as this. (Call it foresight if you will.) I did not make the archives dependent on Photobucket or any other hosting site. And I not prepared to institute a photobucket work around now. Any photos that do not seem to be archive material are (and will continue to be) expendable. If they disapper, then the whole thread can disappear, with no ill effect.

#25959 - 04/30/18 11:28 AM Re: 2018 Deer Antler, Fawn growth Trail camera thread. [Re: redsnow]
redsnow Online   content

I checked the camera at Wardney's salt lick yesterday. From April 7th till the 29th, it had taken 395 pictures. Mostly nighttime pictures.

As well as I can tell, there are 4 buck deer running together. Still lots of fighting going on.

#25960 - 04/30/18 08:59 PM Re: 2018 Deer Antler, Fawn growth Trail camera thread. [Re: redsnow]
redsnow Online   content

Page 2 of 13 < 1 2 3 4 ... 12 13 >

Moderator:  Hal, musher, redsnow, Ric 

Sullivan's Line - Trapping Books, Videos, and Other Products for the Trapper.

Design and Production by Sullivan Promotions
Copyright 2000-2017  Sullivan's Scents and Supplies - All rights reserved.