Please observe our rules: No profanity. No flaming. No commercial messages. No personal messages please.

Trap Old Hollow Blog

Trap Line Home   Trap Line Forum   Trap Line Help   Trap Line Photo   Old Hollow Blog   Archives
Page 3 of 3 < 1 2 3
Topic Options
#26018 - 05/30/18 01:25 PM Re: photobucket back? [Re: musher]
Hal Offline

Loc: Blue Creek, Ohio, USA
So, how long do y'all think this free third-party hosting is going to last? I just looked at the current plans. $30 per year for 2 gig. (400 photos) or $70 per year for 20 gig (4,000 photos). If you're not going to sign up, you better get your photos back while you can.

#26020 - 05/31/18 04:39 AM Re: photobucket back? [Re: musher]
musher Online   content

Loc: Qc.
I signed up.

#26021 - 05/31/18 10:04 AM Re: photobucket back? [Re: musher]
redsnow Online   content

Loc: WV
I'll give you my take on this deal, I'm going to let things ride.

I look at it like this: Photobucket blocked our pictures about a year ago, if you can do without something for a year, do you really need it?

I won't be able to post pictures to any other forum, but I didn't do that very often anyway.

Who can say, maybe Photobucket will continue to host our "old" pictures? The way that I've been posting pictures is easier, quicker, and don't need to X out a bunch of pop-up ads. And it's free.

It's just like the "deer" threads, these are wild animals, it's not like I can say: Here's deer #12 in August of 2016, here he is in 2017 and here he is now.

Honestly, how many of you guys go back and read threads that are 2 or 3 years old?

We've had some very good and interesting threads here on the Hollow Log Board, but if it'd be anything really exciting, it would be on page #1.

I'll just keep my Photobucket money, and might buy myself another trail camera.

#26022 - 05/31/18 05:44 PM Re: photobucket back? [Re: redsnow]
musher Online   content

I think the archives get read a lot. They are the best part of this site and they also make this site the most instructional of any.

You no longer get pop up adds when you subscribe. You are paying so advertizers don't have to pay for you.

We did without Photobucket for a year and lots of threads were never created due to that. It's tough to make a trap line thread with no photos. I stopped taking photos of my catches. Since I subscribed, I have taken photos of a couple of bears I caught this week.

#26023 - 06/01/18 06:31 AM Re: photobucket back? [Re: musher]
redsnow Online   content

Loc: WV
I agree the archives are second to none! And I agree that they do see a lot of action, there are always a few people reading the archives.

It's just one of those things, Photobucket wasn't consistent with their prices. It's like they didn't know what was going on. Stuff like that, I'll let ride, and feel things out.

Honestly the way that I've been posting pictures is easier and quicker that it was before using Photobucket.

Who knows what the folks at Photobucket will do? At the end of your subscription, will they raise the price to $400 or $500 per year? I just don't like doing business with outfits like that. I'll let them ride.

#26024 - 06/01/18 08:27 AM Re: photobucket back? [Re: musher]
Hal Offline

Fortunately, as I said before, this photobucket fiasco did not mess up our archives too badly. For the most part, when I placed a thread in the archives (or knew I was going to) I put copies of those photos right here, and linked them up. As long as this site stays up, those photos will be available in those threads. (I never used PB and I didn't trust those folks from the git go.)

#26025 - 06/01/18 11:42 AM Re: photobucket back? [Re: musher]
musher Online   content

Bear #2 caught yesterday.

#26026 - 06/01/18 12:05 PM Re: photobucket back? [Re: musher]
Hal Offline

How many are you allowed?

#26027 - 06/01/18 02:15 PM Re: photobucket back? [Re: musher]
musher Online   content

I think it is 4000. I got the second plan. The first was too few photos.

Unless you're talking about the bears! I am allowed 4 per line. If I turned the hoops I could get 20.They are too much work for too little cash to do that. I usually stop at 4 and I trap close to the house. I target those that are near camps and likely to cause a problem.

Edited by musher (06/01/18 02:18 PM)

Page 3 of 3 < 1 2 3

Moderator:  Hal, musher, redsnow, Ric 

Sullivan's Line - Trapping Books, Videos, and Other Products for the Trapper.

Design and Production by Sullivan Promotions
Copyright 2000-2017  Sullivan's Scents and Supplies - All rights reserved.