Please observe our rules: No profanity. No flaming. No commercial messages. No personal messages please.

Trap Old Hollow Blog

Trap Line Home   Trap Line Forum   Trap Line Help   Trap Line Photo   Old Hollow Blog   Archives
Topic Options
#26198 - 08/29/18 03:38 PM Internet Browsers?
Hal Online   content

Loc: Blue Creek, Ohio, USA
I have been a user of Microsoft's Internet Explorer (IE) since its inception. They actually discontinued that browser in 2015 but I continued to use it. As of recent, I have been experiencing more and more failures with IE. Many times I have clicked a check box with no results, and some streaming services won't play on IE. So a short while ago, I switched to Google Chrome. It seems to have resolved all those issues, and another one that dates way, way back.

Some members here have trouble when the click the "remember me" box at log in. It simply logs you out when you try to make a post. Unfortunately, I was one of those members. I had to log in every time I closed down and reentered the board. Now that I've switched to Chrome, it seems to have resolved that issue also.

What browsers are you using?

#26199 - 08/29/18 06:33 PM Re: Internet Browsers? [Re: Hal]
FLSH ETR Online   content

Loc: Cudahy, Wisconsin,USA
I also use Google Chrome. No huge problems other than the same one I have with my truck----the nut that holds the wheel! grin

Frank.

#26200 - 08/29/18 08:30 PM Re: Internet Browsers? [Re: Hal]
Ric Offline

Loc: Wellington,OH=USA
I use Fire Fox 99% of the time also have Chrome. Which is used for the odd streaming video that FF wont work with.

#26201 - 08/29/18 09:40 PM Re: Internet Browsers? [Re: Ric]
Dfabs Offline

Loc: Morgantown, West Virginia
Safari, but only because my IPhone forces me to.

#27734 - 08/06/20 08:44 PM Re: Internet Browsers? [Re: Hal]
steeltrap Offline
Initiate Member

Loc: MO
Firefox is the way to go.

#27809 - 09/27/20 01:32 PM Re: Internet Browsers? [Re: Hal]
littleguns Offline

Loc: Jay, Maine
I have used microsoft, Intell,Fire fox and several of the others either through work or home or at the library.
Having just purchased a new PC I got a HP Chrome Book.
Wow, what an eye opener. This thing will do everything I want and the better halfs on line school work.
she is a special ed. teacher.
Im sold on google chrome.

#27810 - 09/27/20 03:26 PM Re: Internet Browsers? [Re: Hal]
Hal Online   content

Loc: Blue Creek, Ohio, USA
I switched to chrome a couple of years ago. I always ran Microsoft Internet Explorer, until they abandoned further development on it. I began to notice that I could navigate some sites and especially couldn't fill out some forms. I even got some messages that my browser was outdated and would not work on certain sites. I changed to chrome, everything was fine. Also, I had trouble staying logged in right here on my own site. Switching to chrome solved that too.

Moderator:  Hal, musher, redsnow, Ric 

Sullivan's Line - Trapping Books, Videos, and Other Products for the Trapper.

Design and Production by Sullivan Promotions
Copyright 2000-2017  Sullivan's Scents and Supplies - All rights reserved.