Please observe our rules: No profanity. No flaming. No commercial messages. No personal messages please.

Trap Old Hollow Blog

Trap Line Home   Trap Line Forum   Trap Line Help   Trap Line Photo   Old Hollow Blog   Archives
Topic Options
#26244 - 09/17/18 04:50 PM Squirrel hunting 2018.
redsnow Online   content

Loc: WV

I'm sure about everyone here on the forum is about like me, always looking forward to the fall seasons. Hunting, trapping and then big game. Then more trapping, if you have time.

It's always nice to get out for the first time, just check things out, enjoy you time in the woods.

My buddy Moe and his wife invited me and my girlfriend up for breakfast the other morning, (sausage gravy and biscuits), then Moe and I went squirrel hunting. The recipe for squirrel pot pie calls for 3. We weren't out long. Hunting with our .22's.

Moe and I had a good morning in the woods. Between the 2 of us, we'd seen a dozen squirrels or so, 3 decent bucks and a turkey. The squirrels are into the hickory nuts now. And pretty wild too!

#26245 - 09/18/18 05:21 AM Re: Squirrel hunting 2018. [Re: redsnow]
Muddober Offline
Initiate Member

Loc: Ky
Been eating squirrel about every day since the 18 of August, besides fall gobblers there my favorite game too hunt and eat, I like mine fried. If post some pics but always have trouble. There still cutting hickory here we've had a bumper crop, and yeah wild is the word on um this yr.
Colt

Edited by Muddober (09/18/18 05:22 AM)

#26306 - 10/03/18 03:29 PM Re: Squirrel hunting 2018. [Re: redsnow]
Calson Offline
Initiate Member

Loc: Santa Cruz
When shooting something that I intend to eat I use lead free ammo. No need to kill more little gray cells than necessary. Even a sliver of lead is enough to be toxic when ingested. Needed to re-sight with the switch but that is a one time deal that takes minutes to make the change in scope settings.

Moderator:  Hal, musher, redsnow, Ric 

Sullivan's Line - Trapping Books, Videos, and Other Products for the Trapper.

Design and Production by Sullivan Promotions
Copyright 2000-2017  Sullivan's Scents and Supplies - All rights reserved.