Please observe our rules: No profanity. No flaming. No commercial messages. No personal messages please.

Trap Old Hollow Blog

Trap Line Home   Trap Line Forum   Trap Line Help   Trap Line Photo   Old Hollow Blog   Archives
Topic Options
#26402 - 12/16/18 06:17 PM Christmas gifts, 2018.
redsnow Online   content

Loc: WV
It's that time of year! I'm sure I'm not the only one that has a couple of family members or close friends that I really should give them something, but don't know what?

I like to buy stuff that will last, dependable. Stuff that will give years of service.

I'll tell you about one of my favorite Christmas gifts, years ago, I was probably 12 or 14? Dad bought me a Buck knife. I'll tell you how long ago it's been, I carried that knife to school till I graduated! It's a Buck Model 110, single blade knife with a sheath. I just oiled it up the other day, it's here beside me now, still drying off. I figure Dad paid $25 or so for the thing? It's old, the blade is worn, skinned and gutted a lot of critters and fish, but it'll cut a feller if you're not careful. If that thing could talk! I can't snap open the blade and not think about Pap. Money well spent.

I really only have 2 people to buy gifts for, my daughter and my girlfriend. I've got the girlfriend a set of swim fins, mask and snorkel, about $75. Think I'll buy my little girl a new fishing rod, thinking, we should be able to go spend more time together this coming summer. My brother and sisters are very hard to buy for, they don't need anything.

For myself, got myself a gun cleaning kit. I'd been needing a new one.

#26403 - 12/17/18 12:58 AM Re: Christmas gifts, 2018. [Re: redsnow]
Dfabs Offline

Loc: Morgantown, West Virginia
I got my wife and daughter both a mink fur hair thingamabob from F&T after somebody over on Don’s site recommended it. They have quite a bit of Fur items on their website.

#26417 - 12/21/18 02:34 PM Re: Christmas gifts, 2018. [Re: redsnow]
Hal Online   content

Loc: Blue Creek, Ohio, USA
We bought several pairs of fur earmuffs for gifts.

#26418 - 12/21/18 04:51 PM Re: Christmas gifts, 2018. [Re: Hal]
FLSH ETR Online   content

Loc: Cudahy, Wisconsin,USA
My bride doesn't need anything, so I'm buying four new tires for her ride.

Frankie Claus. wink

Moderator:  Hal, musher, redsnow, Ric 

Sullivan's Line - Trapping Books, Videos, and Other Products for the Trapper.

Design and Production by Sullivan Promotions
Copyright 2000-2017  Sullivan's Scents and Supplies - All rights reserved.