Please observe our rules: No profanity. No flaming. No commercial messages. No personal messages please.

Trap Line Help

Trap Line Home   Trap Line Forum   Trap Line Help   Trap Line Photo   Old Hollow Blog   Archives
Topic Options
#26424 - 12/29/18 02:57 AM Fleas
Oak Offline
Initiate Member

Loc: Wisconsin
Hey everyone, 2nd year trapping and was just wondering what, if anything, you use to treat your furs for fleas? Due to lack of space and our current set up I have to be extremely careful not to bring any extra jumping critters inside or my line running days will come to an abrupt hault! Thanks for any help! Tight chains everyone!

#26425 - 12/29/18 03:58 AM Re: Fleas [Re: Oak]
Dfabs Online   content

Loc: Morgantown, West Virginia
Spray your critters down with flea spray and put them in a trash bag overnight.

#26430 - 12/31/18 09:18 AM Re: Fleas [Re: Oak]
Oak Offline
Initiate Member

Thanks Dfabs. Ive been using a powder I picked up at the co-op but didnt know if there was a better way or another product that worked faster.

#26440 - 01/02/19 06:52 PM Re: Fleas [Re: Oak]
Seldom Offline

Loc: Midland, MI
Zodiac Upolstry Flea & Tick spray. I spray each canine when I get them home and rub the spray in. I wait 1 hour and skin, no fleas! This is a kill on contact spray so youíve got to agitate the fleas by rubbing to come up to the outside of the fur inorder to come in contact with the pesticide.

#26441 - 01/03/19 05:07 AM Re: Fleas [Re: Oak]
musher Offline

Loc: Qc.
I am not a fan of putting unskinned animals, that might still have heat in them, in a plastic bag. I use a grain or dog food bag. Yep, there is still plastic there. But the stiffer bags do not hug the carcass as much. Make a difference? I do not really know.

#26446 - 01/03/19 09:15 AM Re: Fleas [Re: musher]
FLSH ETR Online   content

Loc: Cudahy, Wisconsin,USA
I also use Zodiac Carpet & Upholstery bug spray. Found it at the local pet store. I hang the critter by the rear paws so the fur is pointing up and fluff it up a little. Easy to spray down into the fur. Then I slide the large plastic garbage bag up and over the entire setup, give it one last shot, and tie the top end shut. When I'm ready to work on the animal, the plastic bag goes into the campfire.

Frank.

#26464 - 01/11/19 07:48 PM Re: Fleas [Re: Oak]
Oak Offline
Initiate Member

Awesome. Thanks for the tips everyone. Iíll have to find some of that spray and give it a try!

Moderator:  Hal, musher, redsnow, Ric 

Sullivan's Line - Trapping Books, Videos, and Other Products for the Trapper.

Design and Production by Sullivan Promotions
Copyright 2000-2017  Sullivan's Scents and Supplies - All rights reserved.