Please observe our rules: No profanity. No flaming. No commercial messages. No personal messages please.

Trap Line forum

Trap Line Home   Trap Line Forum   Trap Line Help   Trap Line Photo   Old Hollow Blog   Archives
Topic Options
#26857 - 10/29/19 03:12 PM No Wild Fur for NAFA?
Hal Online   content

Loc: Blue Creek, Ohio, USA
I am guessing you have already heard of the problems at NAFA (North American Fur Auction). Their financiers backed out on them a month ago. Subsequently they bounced some checks on some trappers. (Not good.) They worked out some deal with SAGA (the mink ranching folks) to help out. Now it seems that NAFA may very well not be buying wild fur this winter. I quote an email set to all their shippers. "At this point in time, we are not in a position to guarantee a wild fur collection in 2020."

For those who may not know, NAFA was formerly Hudson's Bay, a company that has been buying wild fur for 300 years. This may be the first time in 300 years that they won't.

I am concerned what this bodes for the industry.

#26858 - 10/29/19 05:52 PM Re: No Wild Fur for NAFA? [Re: Hal]
musher Offline

Loc: Qc.
There is a rumour that Nov. 1 is a critical day for them. Glad they do not have any of my fur presently on hand. Doubly glad I did not receive a rubber check.

Fur Harvesters is still solid. They got my fur last year and they will get it again this year unless an independent fur buyer makes me an offer I do not want to refuse.

#26870 - 11/05/19 11:49 AM Re: No Wild Fur for NAFA? [Re: Hal]
Hal Online   content

Loc: Blue Creek, Ohio, USA
Just got an email from NAFA. They officially filed for the Canadian equivalent of Chapter 11 on October 31.

Moderator:  Hal, musher, redsnow, Ric 

Sullivan's Line - Trapping Books, Videos, and Other Products for the Trapper.

Design and Production by Sullivan Promotions
Copyright 2000-2017  Sullivan's Scents and Supplies - All rights reserved.