Please observe our rules: No profanity. No flaming. No commercial messages. No personal messages please.

Trap Line Archives

Water Animals and Trapping Archive

Trap Line Home   Trap Line Forum   Trap Line Help   Trap Line Photo   Old Hollow Blog   Archives
Page 3 of 3 < 1 2 3
Topic Options
#7136 - 02/08/10 03:50 PM Re: Mink Locations
skipper Offline

Loc: .Manheim Pennslvania
most of where I trap is mountain streams .The set where I caught 5 is a 200 year old arch bridge spanning about 70 feet Length one side is wooded swamp and the other side is hardwoods. But the real draw is in the middle of the span 3 warm water springs enter. and not known to any one who doesn't enter and crawl around with a flashlight. In the coldest 0 degrees weather I can enter go in maybe 25 feet and be comfortable in shortsleve shirt Caryfish and frogs galore.

Also I leave these sets in from start to finish of season. Nov. 28--Jan--10 we can't trap the Mink rut here in Pa.I don't think our game commission knows what the Mink rut is . I was checked by one Deputy who didn't even know we had Mink. If it don't have anything to do with Deer and Turkeys our WCO's are Lost in Space.

#7137 - 02/10/10 08:29 AM Re: Mink Locations
brian lane Offline

Loc: Boone co KY
Skipper,
Thanks for the info. Sound like a treasure of a spot.Really enjoy you pics and insight. Thanks again.
Brian Lane

#27026 - 01/07/20 11:01 AM Re: Mink Locations [Re: skipper]
Archive Offline

Dated for search.

Page 3 of 3 < 1 2 3

Moderator:  Archive 

Sullivan's Line - Trapping Books, Videos, and Other Products for the Trapper.

Design and Production by Sullivan Promotions
Copyright 2000-2017  Sullivan's Scents and Supplies - All rights reserved.