Please observe our rules: No profanity. No flaming. No commercial messages. No personal messages please.

Trap Line Archives

Traps and Equipment Archives

Trap Line Home   Trap Line Forum   Trap Line Help   Trap Line Photo   Old Hollow Blog   Archives
Page 2 of 2 < 1 2
Topic Options
#10847 - 12/06/08 02:42 AM Re: Gloves or not?
trappy Offline

Loc: arkansas
yes yes and yes it is a must jersey works great.

#10848 - 12/08/08 08:02 PM Re: Gloves or not?
bassman Offline

Loc: Virginia
Thanks for everyones input, I have been wearing cotton gloves for setting traps and no gloves for lures. I have caught two grays in three nights. I put some more traps in this mourning. I also started using a trappers cap and making sure the traps are bedded better.

Thanks Aaron

#10849 - 12/10/08 03:51 AM Re: Gloves or not?
NYRedFox Offline

Loc: New York
I do about the same as Skipper. I use a glove that is designed to handle glass. They are made of a lightweight cloth material and the palms have been dipped in rubber. I use these as they fit tight to my hands, they are breathable and I can grip traps and tools well. I carry a dirt box in my truck with a small bucket in it that I can put enough dirt in to make 2 sets. I store one pair of gloves in the dirt box and use them solely for constructing my set and doing re-makes. I keep a seperate set of these gloves in a pocket on the outside of my trapping tool bucket and use these for handling lure. I use these to keep the offensive odors off from my hands. (that's a rule from my wife)
In regards to dig outs, I used to use pan covers and I would have the covers pulled up through the dirt quite often. I stopped using them and went strictly to the trappers cap. I rarely get dig outs now. Good Luck!

#27181 - 01/08/20 03:25 PM Re: Gloves or not? [Re: bassman]
Archive Offline

Dated for search.

Page 2 of 2 < 1 2

Moderator:  Archive 

Sullivan's Line - Trapping Books, Videos, and Other Products for the Trapper.

Design and Production by Sullivan Promotions
Copyright 2000-2017  Sullivan's Scents and Supplies - All rights reserved.