Please observe our rules: No profanity. No flaming. No commercial messages. No personal messages please.

Trap Old Hollow Blog

Trap Line Home   Trap Line Forum   Trap Line Help   Trap Line Photo   Old Hollow Blog   Archives
Page 18 of 21 < 1 2 ... 16 17 18 19 20 21 >
Topic Options
#27832 - 10/08/20 01:42 PM Re: 2020 Virus lockdown. [Re: redsnow]
redsnow Online   content

Loc: WV
The Valley Echo Farm. Distancing.

Bill from the local health depertment stopped by the other day. The population of Hardy Co. is 13,000. We've had a total of 95 confirmed cases of Covid 19, and 1 death. As of 2 days ago, there were 16 active cases, those folks are under quarinteen.

I asked about the person that died, thinking it was probably someone elderly. It was a man, about 50, that was extremely obease. Look at the percentages.

#27835 - 10/14/20 11:26 AM Re: 2020 Virus lockdown. [Re: redsnow]
redsnow Online   content

Two pictures from Dolly Sods, Grant Co, WV. You're looking east. It's a pretty drive.

#27858 - 10/23/20 11:29 AM Re: 2020 Virus lockdown. [Re: redsnow]
redsnow Online   content

#27866 - 10/24/20 11:34 AM Re: 2020 Virus lockdown. [Re: redsnow]
redsnow Online   content

We have an early 4 day antlerless firearm deer season going on now, tomorrow, Sunday is the last day. Moe and I went out and farted around a little bit. It's just too hot to hunt. Just picking on my buddy Moe, he was all bundled up and burning up. It got up in the 80's Thursday and Friday.

But someplace above Frank was talking about hunting in his camo loincloth thingy, so I'll pick on him too.

#27875 - 10/26/20 11:50 PM Re: 2020 Virus lockdown. [Re: redsnow]
redsnow Online   content

I haven't posted a picture of the old house for a while, finally had a chance to go up and do a little more mowing. Moe likes to "hunt" from the upstairs bathroom window. I was told the other day that the field needed to be mowed before buck season. Distancing, I did wave at the neighbor on the way home.

#27886 - 11/01/20 02:12 PM Re: 2020 Virus lockdown. [Re: redsnow]
redsnow Online   content

Early in this thread I was telling you a little about the store and all, last evening was our Trick or Treat night. Below are pictures of my sister Barb and my daughter Kim. This year's theam was "Looney Tunes." It took them about 3 hours to finish up their display, but between 5pm and 7pm they had 285 kids. That's down a good bit from last year, but it was a chilly and windy evening. I'm sure we've got a lot of kids with a runny nose today.

#27895 - 11/08/20 01:36 PM Re: 2020 Virus lockdown. [Re: redsnow]
redsnow Online   content

Pretty much the same picture that I posted 2 or 3 months ago, our leaves are coming off fast. Those are Virginia pines on the south side of the ridges.

#27907 - 11/23/20 12:29 AM Re: 2020 Virus lockdown. [Re: redsnow]
redsnow Online   content

Skimming through the news today, I found this story. I know that we're all tired of hearing about the virus, but it looks like we may finally see light at the end of the tunnel.

Hopefully!!!

https://www.foxnews.com/us/operation-warp-speed-70-herd-immunity-normalcy-may-2021

#27936 - 12/24/20 09:54 PM Re: 2020 Virus lockdown. [Re: redsnow]
redsnow Online   content

I'll give you an update from here at the intersection.

Early in this thread I mentioned the older man that set up his model train set every Christmas, that we all called Pap. Well, Pap died at his home yesterday, he was 93. His death had nothing to do with this virus, his mind was sharp but his body was tired.

Working at a job like I have, you meet so very many people. After being here for 30 years, I've met a lot of folks.

In the other thread I mentioned that Wardney's grandson Nathan tested positive for covid 19. Nathan's father Danny also tested positive. I've posted pictures of these guys here on the forum before. Danny is back to work now. Nathan, his Mom and brother are all 3 off work as of 4 or 5 days ago. I did see Wardney out on the road the other day, I assume he's good to go. All through this mess I've talked to Wardney in person about every 2 weeks or so. Wardney is 81 or 2 now, we always keep our distance.

Big D's wife, Lisa called me a while back and said that he tested positive for covid. I called her back a couple of days later to check on them. Lisa said that he woke up one morning with his nose a little bit stuffy. (I'm like that every morning) Otherwise, D didn't have any symptoms at all. Both of them missed 2 weeks work. They are both back to work now.

I'll tell you Moe and his wife Susan have been tested 4 or 5 times each. Susan visited a friend in the hospital, then found out her friend had covid. So, off to be tested. They went to a funeral for their neighbor, (the woman's death had nothing to do with the virus), then found out that 3 people from the funeral home tested positive for covid. So, off to be tested again. Before that, Moe had a scheduled checkup with his Dr., so he was tested then too. All of their tests have came back negative. It's just been a pain!

#27939 - 12/30/20 01:57 PM Re: 2020 Virus lockdown. [Re: redsnow]
redsnow Online   content

I'll make a correction to my comment above. Moe and Susan have been tested for Covid, Three times each, all were negative.

Moe and I were out yesterday and we talked to Wardney's grandsons, we just noticed them outside when we went by the house, stopped and asked if they'd like to hunt with us today. They both had other plans, but it turns out that, Danny, Angie and both boys all had Covid. Danny is back to work now, I guess the rest of them go back in a few days?

I relayed that info to a mutual friend of Wardney, he messaged back this morning that he heard rumor that Wardney has Covid now. I'm not sure, I hope not, but I'll find out today.

Here's some good news. Crystal is a nurse that works in southern West Virginia, this is the message that she posted on facebook:

"I am feeling so hopeful now that the vaccine is being distributed. I got my shot on December 18th. I had no side effect at all (not even a sore arm)! The first does gives me about 54% protection against Covid. With the second dose in a couple weeks I should be 94% protected from the virus."

I don't know many of Crystal's friends, but there were several comments something like this: "I got mine too."

Here's my comment back to Crystal and her friends: "Crystal, I'd just like to say: Thanks. Thanks to you and all of our Front Line workers for doing the job you do."

It takes a special person to be a nurse! And these folks have been surrounded by this virus for almost a year now, they deserve our support and respect.

Here's a picture I took yesterday. Above we talked a little bit about relaxing, I wish this picture had sound.

Page 18 of 21 < 1 2 ... 16 17 18 19 20 21 >

Moderator:  Hal, musher, redsnow, Ric 

Sullivan's Line - Trapping Books, Videos, and Other Products for the Trapper.

Design and Production by Sullivan Promotions
Copyright 2000-2017  Sullivan's Scents and Supplies - All rights reserved.