Please observe our rules: No profanity. No flaming. No commercial messages. No personal messages please.

Trap Old Hollow Blog

Trap Line Home   Trap Line Forum   Trap Line Help   Trap Line Photo   Old Hollow Blog   Archives
Page 16 of 16 < 1 2 ... 14 15 16
Topic Options
#27715 - 07/29/20 06:38 AM Re: 2020 Virus lockdown. [Re: redsnow]
redsnow Online   content

Loc: WV

#27717 - 07/30/20 06:32 AM Re: 2020 Virus lockdown. [Re: redsnow]
redsnow Online   content

#27724 - 07/31/20 10:01 AM Re: 2020 Virus lockdown. [Re: redsnow]
redsnow Online   content

Frank, I've looked at your pictures above, and it only took me a split second to decide that it's way too hot to be digging a ditch. Looks like you've got it down plenty deep enough, according to the row of dirt, across the driveway and all. Not sure if you put the wire inside of PVC pipe or not?

Doing stuff like that by yourself seems like it takes forever. Things go much faster when you've got a 2 man crew, where you can switch off between the shovel and the hoe, and take a breather in between.

Just curious, have you decided to fire up the generator in the shed and put a small AC unit in the cabin, maybe run it for an hour before bedtime? With the camp sitting in the sun, it's gotta be toasty. Just thinking, you could make Smores without a fire.

The picture I posted above of the man and his little girl on the store counter, that's Randall. Randall is a Marine and was my mailman for years and years With all of his time served, he retired when he was 55 or so?

The other picture above is a bear at the saltlick behind the King's house. I was distancing the other evening and spent the night up there, and finally had a chance to check the camera.

The other pictures above are from the other day, my brother and I put in a canoe and swam and floated down the creek a mile, and searched around the train bridge. Didn't find much, only the second time that I've ever been to this bridge. New water to me, it's down in the next county, 30 miles from here. There's another spot on down the river that I'd like to search, but we didn't have enough time. So we went down a mile and paddled and dragged the canoe back upstream a mile. Visibility in the water was right at 8 feet, it's nice.

There's a marine battery, 2 junk fishing rods, and some sunglasses between the 2 right hand piers of this bridge. Not sure, the battery still had the plastic tag on top, it was down about 6 feet, not sure if it'd be any good or not?

If the water is good and we have time one day next week, we'll get the battery and check out the next spot downstream. The beer man said he'd flipped there a few times, so it must be a pretty good spot. Or, maybe it was just the beer?

#27725 - 07/31/20 10:30 AM Re: 2020 Virus lockdown. [Re: redsnow]
FLSH ETR Online   content

Loc: Cudahy, Wisconsin,USA
Help sure would have been nice. But my son is scheduled for two back surgeries, one daughter is was down with kidney stones, and the other daughter was out west on vacation. Wifey's is no good at this kind of stuff, so that left just me to do the work. Scratched away for 3-4 minutes, then sat in the shade to catch my breath for a couple of minutes. Nearing the end of my dig, I dug for a half a minute, then sat for 5 to rest. This ain't the only dumb thing I've ever done, and I'm sure it won't be the last either. I put UF cable into the trench, which is approved for direct burial. Each building has an LB box with a PVC leg down under ground to accept the cable. I can't leap tall buildings anymore, but I ain't no snowflake either. I kept the cabin, with concrete floor, closed up most all of the day, which kept the temps in the 70s. When the sun cooked the west wall, it got to 80. After that I cracked the five windows and two doors to let the evening cool sneak in. Kept everything open till morning then closed up again. Works out good enough. Sponged off the sweat outside. I guess it wasn't all that bad, cuzz I'm still alive!! grin

Page 16 of 16 < 1 2 ... 14 15 16

Moderator:  Hal, musher, redsnow, Ric 

Sullivan's Line - Trapping Books, Videos, and Other Products for the Trapper.

Design and Production by Sullivan Promotions
Copyright 2000-2017  Sullivan's Scents and Supplies - All rights reserved.