Please observe our rules: No profanity. No flaming. No commercial messages. No personal messages please.

Trap Line forum

Trap Line Home   Trap Line Forum   Trap Line Help   Trap Line Photo   Old Hollow Blog   Archives
Topic Options
#27796 - 09/19/20 04:38 PM The excitement is building.........
ron finewood Offline

Loc: palmyra, new york
I was at my up north camp a couple weeks ago and put out 16 fisher/cat cubby boxes. Some were the black plastic newspaper tubes, retrofitted to take a #155 Body grip, some were wooden cubbies sized for a #160 Body Grip and the balance were wooden cubbies sized for a #220. I baited most of them with beaver, left over from last year and frozen solid. I also dug 3 dirt holes and baited them the same. All the cubbies got some skunky call lure and the dirt holes got a milder call lure. I waited 2 days and checked a few of them. Not all were hit, but the bait in a few cubbies was gone and 1 dirt hole was dug out with Coyote tracks in the dirt. I have no idea what took the bait in the cubbies.
I know this is sort of a wasted effort, but it sure is exciting and as the leaves are changing and the nights are getting cooler, it sure help pass the time until opening day.....

#27799 - 09/20/20 02:40 PM Re: The excitement is building......... [Re: ron finewood]
Hal Offline

Loc: Blue Creek, Ohio, USA
It's turning fall here too. Morning temperatures are down in the 40's. I'm sure glad to see it coming. I hate summer weather.

#27800 - 09/21/20 10:07 AM Re: The excitement is building......... [Re: ron finewood]
musher Online   content

Loc: Qc.
The dog water has a skim of ice on it in the mornings, here. I dislike hot weather, too. Give me -20 C' to +20 C. Even better would be -15 to + 15.

Moderator:  Hal, musher, redsnow, Ric 

Sullivan's Line - Trapping Books, Videos, and Other Products for the Trapper.

Design and Production by Sullivan Promotions
Copyright 2000-2017  Sullivan's Scents and Supplies - All rights reserved.