Please observe our rules: No profanity. No flaming. No commercial messages. No personal messages please.

Trap Old Hollow Blog

Trap Line Home   Trap Line Forum   Trap Line Help   Trap Line Photo   Old Hollow Blog   Archives
Page 7 of 9 < 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 >
Topic Options
#27905 - 11/20/20 03:24 PM Re: 2020 Deer, Trail Cam pictures. [Re: redsnow]
redsnow Online   content

Loc: WV

#27906 - 11/21/20 02:10 PM Re: 2020 Deer, Trail Cam pictures. [Re: redsnow]
redsnow Online   content

#27908 - 11/29/20 02:40 PM Re: 2020 Deer, Trail Cam pictures. [Re: redsnow]
redsnow Online   content

Here's a picture from the Spring Camera. I'd like to see him in person.

#27909 - 12/02/20 12:32 AM Re: 2020 Deer, Trail Cam pictures. [Re: redsnow]
redsnow Online   content

These 2 cubs were born this spring, January. I have several pictures of them, seems like one is a little bit bigger. Probably a male? Nice big chunky sow. But I'll guess the biggest cub at maybe 80 pounds. They are solid, but it's hard to guess their weight.

Was blowing snow flurries on the mountain when I left at dark today. I hope it's white in the morning.

#27910 - 12/03/20 03:37 PM Re: 2020 Deer, Trail Cam pictures. [Re: redsnow]
FLSH ETR Online   content

Loc: Cudahy, Wisconsin,USA
Well I'm starting to be a believer in this 'global warming' crap. Beginning of November, when sitting in my ground blind, at 75*s, I was surrounded by flies, gnats, wasps, skitters, ladybugs, and an assortment of other flying things I couldn't name. So now I'm home from the gun hunt. 45*s and still things were flying around, and no snow. But we still got bears. Too warm for them to hole up for the winter. And I believe they are scaring away the deer. No pics of deer at all, just them bears. They come in and act like 'Roombas'. They just flat out and start vacuuming all the corn I salted out for the deer. And they don't stop till the last kernel is gone. 'Roombears' I guess.
Can't find any critter tracks to set traps on. Guess I'll just stay home and get into Christmas. My bride has lots of decorations for me to help with. And of course I hauled home a pine tree to decorate. Have yourselves a great Christmas. Hope y'all get just what you deserve. grin

Frankie Claus.

#27911 - 12/05/20 10:44 AM Re: 2020 Deer, Trail Cam pictures. [Re: redsnow]
musher Online   content

Loc: Qc.
Roombears is a good name and description. I put out lots of corn for deer since September and did not see a bear at my feeders. Lots of photos of deer and a wolf or two, though. Fox and ravens also fed.

Our snow has almost gone. This is not unusual.

I set 6 wolf snares last Saturday. I was all picked up except for a few sets around the house. Picked up a female Thursday.

#27912 - 12/08/20 03:44 PM Re: 2020 Deer, Trail Cam pictures. [Re: redsnow]
redsnow Online   content

Here are a few of the local bucks that have been harvested this season. The last 2 pictures, that's Larry with his 8-point, he got him the first day of season. And then Wardney's Grandson, Nathan, with his buck that he named the Branch Mountain Monster.

I just found out last evening that Nathan tested positive for this virus, now Wardney is off limits for the next 2 weeks or so. But, Wardney got a buck too.

#27913 - 12/10/20 03:12 PM Re: 2020 Deer, Trail Cam pictures. [Re: redsnow]
Dfabs Offline

Loc: Morgantown, West Virginia
Those are some decent bucks, Tim. I’m thinking I might have seen that last buck on the WV Big Bucks Facebook page, or one that looked similar to that. Those drop tines look really familiar. I need to start looking for some places to hunt and set some traps in that area now that I have a camp at Seneca. I’ll start spending a lot more time there in March. We will have to get together sometime and do some fishing on North Fork or Smokehole or something.

#27926 - 12/19/20 12:47 PM Re: 2020 Deer, Trail Cam pictures. [Re: redsnow]
redsnow Online   content

#27927 - 12/20/20 03:24 PM Re: 2020 Deer, Trail Cam pictures. [Re: redsnow]
redsnow Online   content

Dustin, that sounds good. I always prefered the Smoke Hole section compared to the North Fork. Just thinking, I'd like to paddle that water again, I haven't for years.

Back during summer, I asked a man to take me up in his plane and let me get some pictures. I'd like to buzz up the North Fork, across the Smoke Hole area and then come back down the South Fork. We just haven't had a chance yet, but that'll be a nice flight. Beautiful country up in that area.

Here's a link to WV's buck deer harvest.

Look at the picture at the top of the story. As well as I can tell the bolt on that rifle is locked down, loaded or unloaded, safety on or safety off, that is just one goofy picture. The rifle is pointed very close to the man's head. People go out and get careless with their firearms, and that's the way folks get hurt. Very poor choice of a picture to accompany a hunting story!!!

https://wvmetronews.com/2020/12/12/buck-harvest-up-six-percent-for-2020/

Page 7 of 9 < 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 >

Moderator:  Hal, musher, redsnow, Ric 

Sullivan's Line - Trapping Books, Videos, and Other Products for the Trapper.

Design and Production by Sullivan Promotions
Copyright 2000-2017  Sullivan's Scents and Supplies - All rights reserved.