Please observe our rules: No profanity. No flaming. No commercial messages. No personal messages please.

Trap Line forum

Trap Line Home   Trap Line Forum   Trap Line Help   Trap Line Photo   Old Hollow Blog   Archives
Topic Options
#28783 - 09/13/23 12:39 PM West Virginia Trap Convention. Seotenber 15 &16.
redsnow Online   content

Loc: WV
Very short notice, but the West Virginia trap convention is Friday and Saturday, this week.

I'll post this link with a list of demos, vendors, local lodging and all.

http://wvtrappers.com/events.html

#28785 - 09/18/23 03:11 PM Re: West Virginia Trap Convention. Seotenber 15 &16. [Re: redsnow]
Hal Offline

Loc: Blue Creek, Ohio, USA
It was a good convention. It was good to see you Tim! WVTA did an excellent job. Hats off to them.

#28786 - 09/19/23 01:03 PM Re: West Virginia Trap Convention. Seotenber 15 &16. [Re: redsnow]
redsnow Online   content

Morning Hal, it was nice to see you and Joyce again, it's been a while. I wanted to check on you.

I had to work Saturday morning, didn't get to leave town till 10am. It was late when we got there, but I thought there was a very good turnout. And I want to thank you coming over and setting up, doing the otter demo, and donating all the items for the auction.

I'd have probably bought your fleshing beam, but Kimberly said it wouldn't fit in the car. I had friends there at the convention, I could have found a way to get it home. I think it sold for $50 or $60 ? So that's pretty good.

I bought some nice items at the auction, I think everything went for about what it was worth, or more. The Joe Goodman prints sold good.

One thing that I remember about the auction, there were 6 young men standing beside me. Everytime that one of the boys would buy a trap, I could hear them chuckling and giggling and all. I didn't really size them up, but I'd guess the oldest boy was, maybe 18 years old? I'd guess the 2 youngest were about 10 or so?

That was nice to see their excitement. I hope the boys stick with it. I'll tell you, around here, I just don't see many new trappers coming on.

#28787 - 09/19/23 01:24 PM Re: West Virginia Trap Convention. Seotenber 15 &16. [Re: redsnow]
redsnow Online   content

Forgot. The WVTA staff working the convention did a great job.

And the tailgaters had some nice stuff.

Forget the man's name, but he had some nice, handmade turkey calls. Box calls.

Anyway, we had a good time, nice to see old friends and all.

Moderator:  Hal, musher, redsnow, Ric 

Sullivan's Line - Trapping Books, Videos, and Other Products for the Trapper.

Design and Production by Sullivan Promotions
Copyright 2000-2017  Sullivan's Scents and Supplies - All rights reserved.