Please observe our rules: No profanity. No flaming. No commercial messages. No personal messages please.

Trap Old Hollow Blog

Trap Line Home   Trap Line Forum   Trap Line Help   Trap Line Photo   Old Hollow Blog   Archives
Page 6 of 7 < 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 >
Topic Options
#28965 - 04/13/24 07:04 PM Re: spring weather [Re: musher]
redsnow Online   content

Loc: WV
That sounds like a good school system, at least all of Quebec's kids are exposed to the English language. They may never need to speak English? Over time, families will fan out and be all over Canada, the USA and around the world.

I guess you mean public schools?

As of about 1980 or so? My school offered a "French Class", it wasn't required. As well as I remember, there was always a conflict with my other classes.

That French class, was only offered by one teacher, for like one period per day. I didn't take the class, but some of my friends did, and they've traveled. And they've all told me that they were lost, as far as being able to speak French.

But, sounds like I'd be able to walk into a bank in Quebec and say: Good morning. And most folks would know what I mean. After that, I'm sure I'd be lost.

I had 50* this morning with a steady west wind. It'd be a beautiful day, if the wind would slack off. 65* now.

Today is the first day of our Youth Spring Turkey season, I know of 2 harvested so far.

#28966 - 04/13/24 10:02 PM Re: spring weather [Re: redsnow]
FLSH ETR Offline

Loc: Cudahy, Wisconsin,USA
A beautiful day here in SE Wis. Mid sixties, light breeze, and lots of sunshine. Thought I'd spend a quiet afternoon with my manually operated post hole digger relocating my front yard flagpole. (it kind of acquired a lean) The cacophony of sounds that accompanied me in my quest was almost unbearable. Screaming birds, screaming children, dogs barking, motorcycles fresh out of winter storage screaming by with blaring radios, hotrods fresh out of winter storage reviving up as they go by, fire truck screaming by, geez---Almost sorry I spent the afternoon outside. Oh, how I love late autumn.

#28967 - 04/15/24 01:34 PM Re: spring weather [Re: musher]
Hal Offline

Loc: Blue Creek, Ohio, USA
Turning from pleasant to warm here. High of 80 predicted for today. I don't like hot weather. 80 is tolerable but not by much.

#28968 - 04/15/24 01:53 PM Re: spring weather [Re: musher]
musher Online   content

Loc: Qc.
The yard should be free of all snow by the end of the week.

#28969 - 04/16/24 08:41 PM Re: spring weather [Re: musher]
Hal Offline

4:30 91 degrees on Upper Twin Crick.

#28970 - 04/17/24 02:23 AM Re: spring weather [Re: musher]
redsnow Online   content

Above we were talking about fruit trees. There is an Red Delicious apple tree in the church yard across the street. I didn't write down the date, it's been at least 3 weeks ago, maybe 4 weeks ago? Anyway, the tree bloomed, honestly it didn't have much bloom. The bloom was spotty, a little bit here and a little bit there.

My buddy Mark from the apple orchard, said 20* F. was the break point. I remember one morning I had 22*. The original bloom fell off, and I figured that was it for this season. Last week I noticed that the tree is blooming again. Not very much bloom this time either. The tree has bloom on it right now.

A few years ago, that tree produced a bounty crop, and the next year it didn't do any good at all.

Talking about our temperature swings from high to low. The other morning I had 44* at daylight, we warmed up fast! It went to 65, then 75, then 85, it bumped up to 90* for a little bit. Then right back to 85*. The next morning I had 68*, at daylight. That's warm. This morning we were back into the 40's, beautiful day.

#28971 - 04/17/24 09:48 AM Re: spring weather [Re: Hal]
musher Online   content

Originally Posted By: Hal
4:30 91 degrees on Upper Twin Crick.

Holy smokes! I hope it was a dry heat. But, knowing your humidity, I doubt it.

I just had a thermopump installed to prevent the house getting too warm. Glad I don't live in Twin Creek (even though I am sure it is a great place and that the people are nice.)

#28972 - 04/18/24 07:29 PM Re: spring weather [Re: musher]
Hal Offline

No it weren't no dry heat. At least we haven't had to run the AC -- yet. And yes, Twin Crick is a nice place to live. However, we at all a buncha gun totin' savages. smile

#28975 - 04/22/24 10:01 AM Re: spring weather [Re: musher]
musher Online   content

A-n-d ..... the yard is all white again .....

#28976 - 04/22/24 11:23 AM Re: spring weather [Re: musher]
redsnow Online   content

I have 31* with a light frost.

Page 6 of 7 < 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 >

Moderator:  Hal, musher, redsnow, Ric 

Sullivan's Line - Trapping Books, Videos, and Other Products for the Trapper.

Design and Production by Sullivan Promotions
Copyright 2000-2017  Sullivan's Scents and Supplies - All rights reserved.