Please observe our rules: No profanity. No flaming. No commercial messages. No personal messages please.

Trap Line Archives

Water Animals and Trapping Archive

Trap Line Home   Trap Line Forum   Trap Line Help   Trap Line Photo   Old Hollow Blog   Archives
Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 >
Topic Options
#7116 - 12/30/09 09:01 PM Mink Locations
skipper Offline

Loc: .Manheim Pennslvania

On this location The "Y" stick takes the hump out of the Mink and keeps him from Jumping over the trap .After the picture was taken the trap was covered with buck wheat hulls.

This is my mink magnet . This spot accounts for Mink, Coon and Muskrat when I found this spot 15 years ago it was only about 4 inches in diameter. It has been "flossed" with a lot of fur to reach this size.there is two traps one in the hole and he other on the approch the chain 12 feet long lets the critters drown and the one in the hole has a slide cable to deep water.

This crossing log has Three sets on it. The snow told me that it is important to put something across the top of the trap or the Mink will hop over the top.It is hard to see in the photoes but all the body grippers have either monofilament or wire between the trigger wires.

In this location I leave this opening all year long. When I arrive I just clean out the debris and in goes the 110. This set connected 5 times this year. (the Leaf in the rear was removed before leaving)

This crossing log was put here by me. It is set on a small mountain stream. only 6" deep but the water is fast and gives them a place to cross and keep their feet dry. even with the ice this trap scored 3 times this season.

#7117 - 12/31/09 05:39 AM Re: Mink Locations
redsnow Online   content

Loc: WV
I moved this topic from the photo board. Someone may have questions. smile

#7118 - 12/31/09 07:46 AM Re: Mink Locations
phys23 Offline

Loc: Idaho
I don't have any questions, but I would like some pictures of the results (i.e. traps with mink in them)!

#7119 - 12/31/09 03:35 PM Re: Mink Locations
skipper Offline

the thread of Mink with their food in tow is the only pictures I have. I don't have a digetal camera.When I take my one friend along he takes the picts. Sorry frown

#7120 - 12/31/09 04:27 PM Re: Mink Locations
AustintheNCtrapper Offline

Loc: N.C. mountains
Better get a camera man for the memories and to brag about at the conventions. Good looking sets.

Austin

#7121 - 12/31/09 07:46 PM Re: Mink Locations
skipper Offline

plenty of film just not digital smile

#7122 - 12/31/09 08:58 PM Re: Mink Locations
Hal Offline

Loc: Blue Creek, Ohio, USA
Those are good photos.

Hal

#7123 - 01/01/10 11:08 AM Re: Mink Locations
Beetle Offline

Loc: Ohio
How are you stabilizing your 110 on the logs? Very nice pics...thanks for posting them.

#7124 - 01/02/10 01:44 PM Re: Mink Locations
skipper Offline

The way I stablize the 110's is to drive two roofing nails into the log about 2" apart then set the trap in the notch you want to use.Then with another nail scribe a line on the log on the inside of the other jaw. Remove the trap and drive two more nails in right on the line.slightly on an angle,leaning outward.After resetting the trap the two sets of nails should hole the trap in place. Warning if you have to squeeze the trap to hard to get it set tap the nails the proper direction to take the pressure of the dog. If you don't it will be to hard to fire the trap.

#7125 - 01/02/10 02:40 PM Re: Mink Locations
musher Offline

Loc: Qc.
You can also use a Sullivan stablizer! laugh

They work quite well.

Another stabilizer is to take an old hose, cut off a 3 inch length, split it lengthwise, and drive a nail through it. The deeper you hammer the nail the wider the hose gets. You grip your 120/110 's jaws around the hose. This method is way quicker than the 3 nail one.

Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 >

Moderator:  Archive 

Sullivan's Line - Trapping Books, Videos, and Other Products for the Trapper.

Design and Production by Sullivan Promotions
Copyright 2000-2017  Sullivan's Scents and Supplies - All rights reserved.