Please observe our rules: No profanity. No flaming. No commercial messages. No personal messages please.

Trap Line Archives

Water Animals and Trapping Archive

Trap Line Home   Trap Line Forum   Trap Line Help   Trap Line Photo   Old Hollow Blog   Archives
Page 2 of 2 < 1 2
Topic Options
#7697 - 12/16/07 05:57 PM Re: back foot catch in 330
Bogmaster Offline

Loc: Lakeland,Mn.
Hal ,the #600 were one of the first magnums.They held a beavers front foot with no problem.
Tom Olson

#7698 - 12/16/07 06:38 PM Re: back foot catch in 330
northern trapper Offline

Loc: Wood Buffalo, Alberta, Canada
The Sauvageau 2001 was the worst offender and it has an 11' frame bigger than any other 330. But instead of bending the frame they welded on a big hunk of steel to get the hard clamping. Even after descenting and using rubber gloves I watched a big beaver swim round and round in front of it slapping his tail and then walk up and grab the trap pushing it flat. When he walked over it the trap fired and I had him by the front foot, 7 of the next 15 sets had drowned beavers by the front foot using that trap.

I have never set another for a beaver and save them for lynx and wolverine.

The Belisle Super X is an excellent 10" trap and if care is taken kills very well; even so I do like to keep them for underwater run sets and use the Belisle 330 classic for shallow water and land sets.

Page 2 of 2 < 1 2

Moderator:  Archive 

Sullivan's Line - Trapping Books, Videos, and Other Products for the Trapper.

Design and Production by Sullivan Promotions
Copyright 2000-2017  Sullivan's Scents and Supplies - All rights reserved.