Please observe our rules: No profanity. No flaming. No commercial messages. No personal messages please.

Trap Line Archives

Traps and Equipment Archives

Trap Line Home   Trap Line Forum   Trap Line Help   Trap Line Photo   Old Hollow Blog   Archives
Page 3 of 3 < 1 2 3
Topic Options
#8600 - 09/08/07 07:05 AM Re: Where do you buy Urine?
Navyman Offline

Loc: VA, VT
Well Hal, too late. My freind said he got the box in today. We each ordered a pt of coyote lure along with some other stuff we went in on to try. He's told me the same thing, that urine is only an attractor/fear eliminator but doesn't make a difference in poorly made sets. But he has said I need a good quality urine.

He's (Greg) newer or renewed to trapping. His brothers have about 25 years each amoung them and we're both looking to them for help. I'm the one who's been reading a lot and see the need for good quality stuff(been reading a lot of Nelson, etc). I realize if I'm going to do this I need someone who get's things to the bottled form.(I'm not interested in digging into Mark's roadkill bait bucket).

I do also realize that for a little while it doesn't matter what I use, I'll be making mistakes. What they both told me was to buy quality so I can be learning from my mistakes. They're going to use some of they same urine and stuff so when they're catching and I'm not, I'll know it's just my learning curve.

As no one else has come up with much, Bryce PM me your mailing address and I'll send you a postal money order made out to Hal.

If anyone else has feedback, let's hear it but I chose my winner. And as Hal said, he sold me urine.

#8601 - 09/10/07 05:12 AM Re: Where do you buy Urine?
Navyman Offline

Well thanks to all. Hal won in that he sold us urine and a whole lot more and regained a previous unhappy customer (my freind, Greg, But he's so easy to get along with he never stays upset long). The $10 goes to Bryce for the best answer in the form of a MO payable to Hal's.

Thanks again

#8602 - 10/12/07 02:22 AM Re: Where do you buy Urine?
Navyman Offline

Well Hal's coyote urine wins!!! A few freinds got urine from several sources, at the state convention and mail order. A couple of friends with more expeirience that I agreed to compare.

One of them was so bad, some of us almost got sick from the smell. It litterally smelled like liquid septic tank. If anyone needs a smell like that, I can tell you where to get it.

Most had some level of amonia smell, some more than others. But as far as a clean smelling straight almost amonia free smell, Hal's was best.

Now I don't know if Hal has animals of his own or buys from someone he's got my business and that of my freinds.

Thanks

#8603 - 10/12/07 12:31 PM Re: Where do you buy Urine?
Ric Offline

Loc: Wellington,OH=USA
Wait a minute NM.

Where are the catch rates,refuseals,number of trap nights etc. All of that information is necessary along with what your testing protocalls were.So that we can detirmin if your results have any validity.

You sniffing and looking at a bottle of pee doesn't tell me or anyone else here anything important about how it will perform

When you get done with your testing come back and let us know

#8604 - 10/12/07 05:45 PM Re: Where do you buy Urine?
CoonCaller Offline

Loc: Formerly NY, now TN
I purchased my urine (coyote) from Pete Rickards, because his shop is only 10 minutes away from me. I haven't tried urine from another seller because I still have plenty left on hand.

#8605 - 10/16/07 03:00 AM Re: Where do you buy Urine?
Navyman Offline

Ric, you're right. I was basing this judgement on a narrow comparison of a few different products and using the expertise of a couple of people with over 50 years experience.

Obviously to do this correctly it could take a few years. And to reduce repetition, I would need to know who supplies various dealers with Urine (which most dealers won't disclose).

I'll report back after some use and perhaps get a few more pints from others.

My point was that Hal's did not have the sewage smell that some did and the amonia level was reasonably low and that in general has a good full odor.

As I mentioned in the begining of this post I am new to trapping and am dependant on help I may get here and from a few freinds. I will do a more thorough job of my analysis and report back.

Any recomendations of other urines would be appreciated. Also where can I get Rickards urine? Do they have a mail order business or do I get it from other dealers. Thanks

#8606 - 10/16/07 01:26 PM Re: Where do you buy Urine?
Ric Offline

Loc: Wellington,OH=USA
Your makeing this much more difficult than it really is.

What you NEED to know is if that bottle of urine on the shelf will do what it is intended to do.

Takeing years to find the answer is going to do you no good.Because you are never going to be able to get more of it

Get yourself a copy of Charles Dobbins"Evaluation of Lure Bait & Urine".follow the directions.

Don't have the ambition to test for yourself ? Buy Hal's he sells a quality product and is a reputable dealer.

Your wasteing way too many brain cells on this... and still looking for majic in a bottle.. THERE ISN'T ANY

#27148 - 01/08/20 03:13 PM Re: Where do you buy Urine? [Re: Navyman]
Archive Offline

Dated for search.

Page 3 of 3 < 1 2 3

Moderator:  Archive 

Sullivan's Line - Trapping Books, Videos, and Other Products for the Trapper.

Design and Production by Sullivan Promotions
Copyright 2000-2017  Sullivan's Scents and Supplies - All rights reserved.