Please observe our rules: No profanity. No flaming. No commercial messages. No personal messages please.

Trap Old Hollow Blog

Trap Line Home   Trap Line Forum   Trap Line Help   Trap Line Photo   Old Hollow Blog   Archives
Page 21 of 21 < 1 2 ... 19 20 21
Topic Options
#25924 - 04/07/18 12:52 PM Re: 2017 Deer Antler growth. [Re: redsnow]
FLSH ETR Offline

Loc: Cudahy, Wisconsin,USA
Expectant mothers just trying to get as much nutrients as possible. "Stay outa my way and you won't get hurt" kind of attitude. They know that chunk on the stump is good for them, and motherly instinct is already kicking in.(no pun intended) Sure wouldn't want to try to sneak in there among them!! grin

Frank.

#25930 - 04/08/18 12:31 PM Re: 2017 Deer Antler growth. [Re: redsnow]
redsnow Online   content

Loc: WV

#25940 - 04/14/18 06:37 AM Re: 2017 Deer Antler growth. [Re: redsnow]
redsnow Online   content

Loc: WV
One of the links at the top of this thread lists the benefits of salt/minerals. More milk, healthier fawns or kids, etc.

Years ago I removed a fawn carcass from a deer killed on the highway. It was during our spring turkey season, so give or take it was within 3 weeks of today's date. I took the fawn carcass home and weighed it, put it in the freezer and showed it to a bunch of folks.

As well as I remember it weighed about 5 pounds. It was pretty well developed, it had spots and all. It was a cute little thing, that would have been born in another few weeks.

Biologist Teets stopped by a while back, he showed me a trail cam video of the 3.5 year old buck he killed last season. The deer was working a scrape, that was pretty neat. Mr. Teets said that he never started looking for shed antlers until after Easter. I haven't talked to him since, but he's due to stop by before long.

I might have time tomorrow to check the 3 mountain cameras, if I do, we'll start a new thread. The fine folks at Photobucket won't be able to screw it up like they did this one.

Page 21 of 21 < 1 2 ... 19 20 21

Moderator:  Hal, musher, redsnow, Ric 

Sullivan's Line - Trapping Books, Videos, and Other Products for the Trapper.

Design and Production by Sullivan Promotions
Copyright 2000-2017  Sullivan's Scents and Supplies - All rights reserved.